• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watford fan here - I come in peace. As many of you have pointed out it appears like it's a good time to play us. From an outside perspective that's totally understandable. I thought I'd share our

One positive I do want to make is I think Dijksteel is turning into a quality player back there. My MOTM again today, looks comfortable as the RCB.

I'm a bit amazed that tav is getting criticism after that half. Everything good about us has gone through him. Yes he loses the ball and sometimes hits wayward passes but that's what happens when you

Posted Images

10 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Strangely doesn't feel like a matchday.

Off to Whitby for fish and chips and a few pints, then Central Park, then the pub for the match.

It's not a game I have much expectation for, although I'd be ecstatic with a win.

Lunch, dinner and a night out, hell don’t hold back. 
I don’t eat before going out but end up filling my face when I arrive home.. 

On 9/9/2020 at 10:58 PM, Friendly Orn said:

Watford fan here - I come in peace.

As many of you have pointed out it appears like it's a good time to play us. From an outside perspective that's totally understandable. I thought I'd share our view and what you can expect from us.

Ivic will be utilising a back 3 in a 3-5-2 or 3-4-2-1 formation.

Ben Foster is expected to start in goal and is arguably one of the best 'keepers in the division.

A back 3 of Craig Dawson, Christian Kabasele and Ben Wilmot - Dawson isn't the fastest but is experienced at this level, Kabasele is inconsistent but on his day unplayable, so it depends which Kabasele turns up, and Wilmot is comfortable on the ball and has some Championship experience under his belt (just returned from a loan at Swansea).

The two wing-backs will be Jeremy Ngakia and Pervis Estupinan. Ngakia broke into the West Ham first XI just before lockdown and started 5 times before joining us on a Free in search of regular game time. He was our best player in the 2-1 win over Spurs at the weekend, and scored the only goal in our previous friendly. Estupinan is regarded as one of the best young full-backs in world football and has been linked to a whole host of clubs including Barcelona, Manchester United and Tottenham. He was sensational out on loan at Osasuna last season and we are determined to keep him for this season. He may take a few games to adapt to English football, but he has everything in his locker to succeed.

Tom Cleverley and Nathaniel Chalobah will play in central midfield. Clevs will be right at home in the Championship this season, and for Chalobah it will be interesting to see how he does during a run of games having been a bit-part player for the last 2 seasons.

Domingos Quina will either be one of the inside forwards or the furthest forward of a midfield three. Signed from West Ham 2 years ago, any Watford fan will tell you he has been criminally underused. Now 20, this will be his break-out year. Quick note: he loves a goal from range.

The final three players are less clear but three of Luis Suarez, Stipe Perica, Glen Murray, João Pedro and Tom Dele-Bashiru will likely occupy the remaining positions.

Luis Suarez scored 19 goals in La Liga Segunda last season and is likely going to be our main source of goals this season. Stipe Perica has just signed from Udinese; he most recently played on loan in the Belgium league and had an excellent goal rate of one every 127 minutes. Glen Murray has joined on loan from Brighton and adds Championship experience to the forward line, but is likely going to be an option off the bench in most games. João Pedro is one of our brightest young players; he joined from Fluminense in January and was restricted to a few substitute appearances in the league, but he is now ready to play regularly - he will be one to watch this season. Finally there's Dele-Bashiru, a midfielder who joined from Man City last summer. He has only featured in cup games so far, but he's another lad with a bright future.

I hope that gives you some indication as to what our team will look like. Our style of play will be building from the back, utilising the wing-backs to make our way up the pitch, bouncing the ball between them and the midfielders. Expect us to switch play often and when in the box look for cut-backs wherever possible.

With regards to the reports of dressing room unrest - nonsense.

Welcome and a nice structured informative post. 

I have the FlashScore App on my phone with Boro marked as my favourite team. It says that audio coverage starts at 19.40. This must be a new thing on the App as I’ve had it for years and never saw this before. It might be an option to listen in if you can’t get to see the game tonight

I am excited for this as we have been scoring for fun in preseason and against Shrewsbury so wondering if we can carry this on tonight we can win this like. Just defence is very much the problem. Expect alot of goals tonight though could be like Luton opener last season.