• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EFL Cup - Middlesbrough v Barnsley, 6pm Tuesday 15th September Scene 1: Int (Daytime) [A café table at Scotch Corner Services. Neil Warnock is eating a full English breakfast when a man in dark

Absolute ***. If people seriously want to watch this for a season you are off your bloody heads.  Barnsley get the ball and it’s pass to feet, pass to feet, pass to feet, movement off the ball. We get

Tonight certainly laid bare why Warnock didn't mix things up by using the bench against Watford. If he had the 1-0 scoreline might have been more damaging. We were never going to win the Cup and

Posted Images

Questions for the audience:

1. Do we change the team who played against Watford?

Should probably make a few changes so we have a reasonably fresh team for Bournemouth. As BearSmog said, its a good chance to give the subs and Morsy a run out.

2. Would you rather Boro won the Carabao Cup this season, or got promoted?

Well we're not gonna get promoted, so a decent cup run might be a morale booster for the squad...though the extra fixtures would stretch our already-thin resources. Maybe we should just concentrate on the league.

3. What's the best part of a fried breakfast?

There isn't a best part. All the elements are good individually, but putting them together is what makes a Full English so glorious.

Dammit you've made me hungry now, just thinking about it...

I'd like to stick with the 3412 formation, so I'd go with

Dejan

Wood, Hall, Fry

Spence, McNair, Morsy, Coulson

Browne

Fletcher, Assombalonga 

Definitely would rather promotion, although very slim chance of sneaking 6th at best

And come on guys! It has to be black pudding

3 hours ago, BearSmog said:

1. Do we change the team who played against Watford?

We don't have the squad to make too many changes. Expect 3-4, Wood, Bola, Browne and Morsy coming in.

2. Would you rather Boro won the Carabao Cup this season, or got promoted?

Promotion. Can't see us beating Chelsea so the first option is null in my eyes.

3. What's the best part of a fried breakfast?

Good quality veggie sausages.

image.gif.9cb0f707ec5e300303902574d58ed444.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Put the other lads in, let's see if we can make a second 11...

Stojanovic

Spence Wood Fry Bola

Browne Morsy Liddle

Folarin Walker Coulson

I'm not even against putting Coulson at left wing for this one, like I usually am. I just want the lad to have a chance to show what he can do for 90 minutes.

I think I'd normally go for the strongest side available.  This might be different, I definitely go for those who need game time

Hall Morsey & Fry would be the first three names on the team sheet.  I'd try and avoid burn out with the two guys who played international football.   I'm not too worried about the goal keeper - defence Spence, Hall Fry, coulson  midfield: Folarin Morsey Wing johnson and up front Fletch and Browne.  

Bench  GK of choice Brett, McNair, Saville, Wood, Bola, Walker 

We've the first team to boost the guys if needed and then see if anyone wants the shirt badly enough.  We're not going to beat Chelski so lets make this work to our advantage.  If we win we win , if we lose we lose

Black pudding is the stand out item, every time

10 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Questions for the audience:

1. Do we change the team who played against Watford?

Should probably make a few changes so we have a reasonably fresh team for Bournemouth. As BearSmog said, its a good chance to give the subs and Morsy a run out.

We don’t have that many players to change much.

2. Would you rather Boro won the Carabao Cup this season, or got promoted?

Well we're not gonna get promoted, so a decent cup run might be a morale booster for the squad...though the extra fixtures would stretch our already-thin resources. Maybe we should just concentrate on the league.

Not going to get promoted or win a cup and we are thin on the ground. 
use the games to try players and formations..

3. What's the best part of a fried breakfast?

There isn't a best part. All the elements are good individually, but putting them together is what makes a Full English so glorious.

Has to be the foundation, BACON, not just any bacon...

Dammit you've made me hungry now, just thinking about it...

Edited by sanddancer
20 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

Nice match day thread. 

Dejan 

Fry.      Hall.    Wood 

Dijksteel.                                  Coulson

Wing.       Morsy    

Browne. 

Britt.             Fletcher 

I would like Browne, Wood, Coulson to have a chance this game. Also Dejan a game as do feel for him   

2. Promotion alot more than the cup for me. As with promotion we can play top sides every week while winning the cup we just be back to playing a Wycombe week later. 

3 . Hash brown

Not those pre-packaged, shop bought ones though.

Good, high quality homemade hash browns are the way forward. Hash browns that are the size of a giant's palm and need their own plates

• Like 1