oneBoro Forum

Boro v Barnsley 0-2

I reckon it's a chance to rest some important players from our small squad, but also give those on the fringes a chance in/close to our favoured system:

GK - Stojanovic

CB - Fry
CB - Wood
CB - McNair

RWB - Folarin
LWB - Coulson

CM - Morsy
CM - Malley
AM - Wing

10 - Browne
ST - Assombalonga/Fletcher

Edited by Snowblind
  • Like 1
  • Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EFL Cup - Middlesbrough v Barnsley, 6pm Tuesday 15th September Scene 1: Int (Daytime) [A café table at Scotch Corner Services. Neil Warnock is eating a full English breakfast when a man in dark

Absolute ***. If people seriously want to watch this for a season you are off your bloody heads.  Barnsley get the ball and it’s pass to feet, pass to feet, pass to feet, movement off the ball. We get

Tonight certainly laid bare why Warnock didn't mix things up by using the bench against Watford. If he had the 1-0 scoreline might have been more damaging. We were never going to win the Cup and

Posted Images

Just now, Snowblind said:

I reckon it's a chance to rest some important players from our small squad, but also give those on the fringes a chance in/close to our favoured system:

GK - Stojanovic

CB - Fry
CB - Wood
CB - McNair

RWB - Folarin
LWB - Coulson

CM - Morsy
CM - O'Malley
AM - Wing

10 - Browne
ST - Assombalonga/Fletcher

Is O’Malley what you call him when Malley does something extraordinary ?😛

1. Do we change the team who played against Watford?

Yes. Try to inject as much pace as possible. Just try it.

2. Would you rather Boro won the Carabao Cup this season, or got promoted?

Promotion.

3. What's the best part of a fried breakfast?

The beer.

I have a bad feeling about this game. I think we are going to lose, but I just hope that Warnock will try with a bit of pace. We looked so slow again on Friday.

I think with the subs/younger lads all due to start we may see a change in formation to his preffered 433 just to see how they take to it and if their is anything their for him to work on, hopefully pick up a comfortable win with some minutes in the legs for morsy. 

57 minutes ago, BG93 said:

I think with the subs/younger lads all due to start we may see a change in formation to his preffered 433 just to see how they take to it and if their is anything their for him to work on, hopefully pick up a comfortable win with some minutes in the legs for morsy. 

Did Morsy play in the last round for Wigan?

On 9/12/2020 at 8:54 PM, RiseAgainst said:

1. Do we change the team who played against Watford?

2. Would you rather Boro won the Carabao Cup this season, or got promoted?

3. What's the best part of a fried breakfast?

1. I'd make a couple of changes, we don't really have the squad depth to make wholesale changes, but also we do want to retain some semblance of continuity early on in the season, for partnerships and familiarity to form within the starting eleven. I'd keep Bettinelli in goal and I'd keep the back three of; McNair, Hall and Dijksteel, I'd also keep the top two the same as well (we literally have no-one else to play up top). I'd go with a midfield three of; Tav, Morsy and Howson and I'd like to see either Bola or Coulson get some minutes in Johnson's place. So 2 changes in total.

2. Promoted. 

3. Bacon, hands down.

I always save the best till last and thats  generally the bacon. But I couldnt imagine a breakfast without the egg or beans so as undroppables it must be one of them.

I would go 433/4231. 

Stoj

Spence

Fry

Hall

Coulson

Morsy

Malley

Wing

Browne

Fletcher

Foralin

Given what NW said today I can see literally every sub from fridsy night starting and then some. He has confirmed Wood Fry Bola Coulson Wing Morsy and Browne are starting.

Given both Bola and Coulson are starting i can see Bola playing as a left sided CB.

Stoj
Wood Fry Bola
Spence Wing Morsy Coulson
Foralin Walker Browne

I expect us to lose but i feel some players will put in a good performance. I very much hope Coulson is one of them as I think he could make a great left wing back for us. He really needs to seize the moment tomorrow for me.

7 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

I hope we don't pick a weak side and lose like we need to build up some winning momentum instil abit of confidence

Ok we all know this seasons flurry with the cup ends next round but a win against Barnsley I dare say will do more good considering we play Bournemouth at home on Saturday as DR mentions momentum

• Like 1