• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EFL Cup - Middlesbrough v Barnsley, 6pm Tuesday 15th September Scene 1: Int (Daytime) [A café table at Scotch Corner Services. Neil Warnock is eating a full English breakfast when a man in dark

Absolute ***. If people seriously want to watch this for a season you are off your bloody heads.  Barnsley get the ball and it’s pass to feet, pass to feet, pass to feet, movement off the ball. We get

Tonight certainly laid bare why Warnock didn't mix things up by using the bench against Watford. If he had the 1-0 scoreline might have been more damaging. We were never going to win the Cup and

Posted Images

12 hours ago, TLF10 said:

He has confirmed Wood Fry Bola Coulson Wing Morsy and Browne are starting.

Given both Bola and Coulson are starting i can see Bola playing as a left sided CB.

I wonder if he’ll try his favourite 433 formation, with Bola left back and Coulson further up the pitch.

With this condensed season and our light squad, I don’t think Warnock particularly fancies an EFL cup run.

I don’t think he fancies Coulson anywhere near the defence either.

Think this will be a pre-season style match where he’ll try and find out more about our fringe players while the window is still open.

I haven't seen anything in Bola that suggests to me he is even a Footballer let alone a LB or left sided CB. Even Blackpool dispensed with his services when he went back on loan.

The "hope" is that as the team under Woodgate was a shambles tactically and that he didn't enjoy the best of starts here maybe it was just bad timing and that he is far more capable than we have witnessed. If anyone can resurrect his career and restore confidence its Warnock so hopefully he sparks into life and shows what he can do. My memory of him is him looking lost, caught out of position ball watching and not tracking back when he wandered off piste. On a positive he hasn't as yet outshone Alan Wright as the worst LB I've ever seen in a Boro shirt!

2 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I haven't seen anything in Bola that suggests to me he is even a Footballer let alone a LB or left sided CB. Even Blackpool dispensed with his services when he went back on loan.

The "hope" is that as the team under Woodgate was a shambles tactically and that he didn't enjoy the best of starts here maybe it was just bad timing and that he is far more capable than we have witnessed. If anyone can resurrect his career and restore confidence its Warnock so hopefully he sparks into life and shows what he can do. My memory of him is him looking lost, caught out of position ball watching and not tracking back when he wandered off piste. On a positive he hasn't as yet outshone Alan Wright as the worst LB I've ever seen in a Boro shirt!

The thing is Woodgate fed him to the wolves for him to be picked at Elland road to be absolutely destoyed is crazy. Then he has never played again for us. 

48 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

The thing is Woodgate fed him to the wolves for him to be picked at Elland road to be absolutely destoyed is crazy. Then he has never played again for us. 

His performances at the Riverside were dire at best although Leeds did more or less kill him off.

Hopefully he comes back from it all and makes progress but usually when you watch a player you see something even if it is a bit raw, unpolished and naive but with Bola I really struggled to get a positive from watching him. I thought the same about de Pena and he has carved out a career for himself away from here so it isn't the end of the world but the Championship is a tough gig at the best of times and no place for the feint hearted.

1 hour ago, northern boro said:

1,000 fans will be allowed into EFL games from this weekend following Government approval

As a side note to that not a single Covid-19 case can be attributed to a football match after the return of limited crowds in Denmark. Roughly a third of capacity are allowed if it’s possible to divide the layout into sections of 500 people. 

• Like 1

Did the team get leaked on FMTTM today? I went on to have a look and found myself in a thread about how masks and COVID-19 are just a massive conspiracy and actually 99.9% of people who get it don't die, full of citations as you can imagine... not.

The impressive thing is that the guy who started the thread is criticising others for thinking depression and anxiety, which he suffers from, aren't real. I wonder what he'd do if he met a COVID sufferer.

Catch COVID, would be my guess.

Anyway, just a reminder never to go back to FMTTM again there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Boromadman said:

i see this game isnt on sky or anything , anybody know how to watch /listen without having to pay £10 on mfc website haha . Cant get bbc tees online where i live anymore 

Get someone else to pay the £10 for you on the MFC website.

3 minutes ago, Boromadman said:

i see this game isnt on sky or anything , anybody know how to watch /listen without having to pay £10 on mfc website haha . Cant get bbc tees online where i live anymore 

If you have free view bbc tees is on 722 iirc. I can get commentary that way