oneBoro Forum

Boro v Barnsley 0-2

Just now, tmcc said:

i want whatever your on, cause it seems like some good ***.

If those players were available for a million quid you don't think that a PL club would take a shot at them?  Put the price up and it might be different of course but at that sort of price they'd sell easily.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EFL Cup - Middlesbrough v Barnsley, 6pm Tuesday 15th September Scene 1: Int (Daytime) [A café table at Scotch Corner Services. Neil Warnock is eating a full English breakfast when a man in dark

Absolute ***. If people seriously want to watch this for a season you are off your bloody heads.  Barnsley get the ball and it’s pass to feet, pass to feet, pass to feet, movement off the ball. We get

Tonight certainly laid bare why Warnock didn't mix things up by using the bench against Watford. If he had the 1-0 scoreline might have been more damaging. We were never going to win the Cup and

Posted Images

The team is last years hangover minus a few, why the hell are people moaning we all know the script. The posts suggest some were expecting a top end league place or even decent football and I can only assume hippy crack has leaked into the drinking water. 🤣

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DevKWat said:

If any scout watched a full 90 minutes of Wing or Fry I’d be absolutely astounded if they were still interested afterwards. 

Why?  They've both had good games for us.  Wing looks all over the place at the moment, and he did last season, but I think that is at least partly down to how the team has been playing.  He isn't going to dominate a midfield but he can be a goal scoring threat for a decent side.  Fry is a good defender and has the potential to get better as he gains more experience.

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Warnock's blatantly gone and thrown that game like, haha....

premier league football GIF by BT Sport

"I'M SORRY NEIL I DIDN'T MEAN THAT"

Someone call David Icke .. I'm sure that's a reptile alien, dressed as a human in that GIF!

• Haha 1
Just now, Changing Times said:

If those players were available for a million quid you don't think that a PL club would take a shot at them?  Put the price up and it might be different of course but at that sort of price they'd sell easily.

probably not, maybe tav and fry, the rest no. 

2 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

The team is last years hangover minus a few, why the hell are people moaning we all know the script. The posts suggest some were expecting a top end league place or even decent football and I can only assume hippy crack has leaked into the drinking water. 🤣

I'm expecting mid-table obscurity.  What has disappointed me tonight is the lack of desire, not the score.  

I don't think he's lost the game on purpose, I just don't think he's put much thought into winning it at all. If he really wanted to see these players 'grab the bull by the horns' as he suggested, he'd have picked a formation that allowed them to do that. As it is, he stuck with wing backs and 2 strikers, hanging Coulson and Browne out to dry. Pathetic management.

• Like 2
Just now, tmcc said:

probably not, maybe tav and fry, the rest no. 

You don't think someone in the Premier League would pay a million quid for Wood and Spence 🙂 Of course they would, cos they'd see the potential in them as opposed to just whatever they played like in their last match.  I doubt they'd put them straight into their first team like, but they'd buy them and see what they can do with them as they develop.

1 minute ago, White Band said:

I'm expecting mid-table obscurity.  What has disappointed me tonight is the lack of desire, not the score.  

I keep repeating myself, give Warnock the players he targeted and I mean those and not others and we would / will end mid table. Give him a chance he is a manager not a miracle worker. 

8 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I'd be surprised if some of them haven't already got the message that they aren't in his plans anyway.

Which is a shame, as although last season they weren't great, they haven't exactly been given a chance to impress. Another waste of what limited money we have available.

19 minutes ago, mj south said:

Thought at kickoff people were saying he wasn't there??

He was high up in the stands I think and he moved closer to the dugout for the 2nd half.

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't think he's lost the game on purpose, I just don't think he's put much thought into winning it at all. If he really wanted to see these players 'grab the bull by the horns' as he suggested, he'd have picked a formation that allowed them to do that. As it is, he stuck with wing backs and 2 strikers, hanging Coulson and Browne out to dry. Pathetic management.

When I saw the team I was convinced that he'd gone for the 433 because it was the only formation that made sense with the players he'd picked, but nope, instead he hung those two out to dry as you say. 

Considering the circumstances, I thought Browne did alright, and Coulson had a couple bright moments in the 2nd half.

Just now, Changing Times said:

You don't think someone in the Premier League would pay a million quid for Wood and Spence 🙂 Of course they would, cos they'd see the potential in them as opposed to just whatever they played like in their last match.  I doubt they'd put them straight into their first team like, but they'd buy them and see what they can do with them as they develop.

I don't understand how anyone thinks we'd struggle to get bites at £1m for our players. How bad do people think the transfer market is right now?