• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EFL Cup - Middlesbrough v Barnsley, 6pm Tuesday 15th September Scene 1: Int (Daytime) [A café table at Scotch Corner Services. Neil Warnock is eating a full English breakfast when a man in dark

Absolute ***. If people seriously want to watch this for a season you are off your bloody heads.  Barnsley get the ball and it’s pass to feet, pass to feet, pass to feet, movement off the ball. We get

Tonight certainly laid bare why Warnock didn't mix things up by using the bench against Watford. If he had the 1-0 scoreline might have been more damaging. We were never going to win the Cup and

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Well Morsy was described as a bit of a sh1thouse. Well he was neat and tidy but it he is the best we can find to fit that description, then he isn't my idea of one.

He was the second coming of Dunga a couple of days ago! 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, tmcc said:

i wish i shared your optimism about the quality of our players haha 

I'd say potential more than quality 👍

I think that may be the first time that I've been accused of optimism rather than pessimism.  I'm feeling quite emotional now.  Thank you 🤗

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I genuinely don't think any of them could have given less of a toss about this game if they tried.

Why leave Tavernier on then?  I would have thought he would be one worth bringing off if we didn't really care.  Nobody else has played every minute so far, have they?  

Just now, Changing Times said:

I'd say potential more than quality 👍

I think that may be the first time that I've been accused of optimism rather than pessimism.  I'm feeling quite emotional now.  Thank you 🤗

i did have to double check the name to make sure it wasnt a duplicate account.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Ronnie Jepson incredibly positive in his post match interview...

As soon as he said, 'there was a lot of positives to take from tonight' i zoned out. Bizarre how positive he tried to make the situation look. 

Turned off after first goal i somehow just knew and had seen enough. I dont think Warnock would have deliberately lost but I think he would have made a point of showing Gibson his so called backups but hed of expected them to at least give it a go....dunno if they did or not. 

This is Gibsons and co fault they trick managers into coming here saying he back them and then cuts the squad continually he did it Pulis, Mowbray and now hes doing it with Warnock. I think Warnock if he was making a point is doing the right thing, at least hes got the balls to stand up to the people who wont get him what he needs to progress the club. 

• Like 2

Whilst we lost the game. Its some i thought would happen after Warnocks pre-match interview the other day and the players he said would play. Not because I dont have confidence in the players - but it was used more as an exercise to get fitness vs a competitive game we wanted to win. If we were serious about winning then we'd have played a more serious 11. 

9 minutes ago, thomas said:

Turned off after first goal i somehow just knew and had seen enough. I dont think Warnock would have deliberately lost but I think he would have made a point of showing Gibson his so called backups but hed of expected them to at least give it a go....dunno if they did or not. 

This is Gibsons and co fault they trick managers into coming here saying he back them and then cuts the squad continually he did it Pulis, Mowbray and now hes doing it with Warnock. I think Warnock if he was making a point is doing the right thing, at least hes got the balls to stand up to the people who wont get him what he needs to progress the club. 

We looked better in the second half but Barnsley just sat back as they won it in the first half so probably a bit deceptive. It probably demonstrated why Warnock did not change things on Friday as nobody really covered themselves in glory. Whether it was meant or not, a message should have been received by the hierarchy tonight about the poor squad built over the past few years. Whether we have the finances to do much about it though remains to be seen. The defensive aspect of our play was very naive, though it was a very young inexperienced unit. 
Mcnair was a positive when he came on, which is a bit sad when you pick a CB as MoM, just shows our dearth of attacking talent really.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
29 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Why leave Tavernier on then?  I would have thought he would be one worth bringing off if we didn't really care.  Nobody else has played every minute so far, have they?  

Can't take everyone off I suppose. Fletcher I think would have been one to play every minute right? So that was the first time he'd missed minutes as far as I can remember (might be mistaken)

Morsy for Howson was always likely to happen.

Dijksteel for McNair was the weird one for me.

5 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

We looked better in the second half but Barnsley just sat back as they won it in the first half so probably a bit deceptive. It probably demonstrated why Warnock did not change things on Friday as nobody really covered themselves in glory. Whether it was meant or not, a message should have been received by the hierarchy tonight about the poor squad built over the past few years. Whether we have the finances to do much about it though remains to be seen. The defensive aspect of our play was very naive, though it was a very young inexperienced unit. 
Mcnair was a positive when he came on, which is a bit sad when you pick a CB as MoM, just shows our dearth of attacking talent really.  

I think even if we do have the money I dont think we will spend it, I think they'll hide behind financial fair play even though every other club seems to be ignoring it.....tbh I think Gibsons happy with the money in his back pocket.