oneBoro Forum

Boro v Barnsley 0-2

10 hours ago, Duvel said:

I talk to so many fans at the moment who are just past caring, there's no hope of promotion and hardly any expectation that the club will get things right off the pitch, you just think whats the point? 

Maybe it's just a sign that I'm getting old and miserable, I don't know. 

Trust me you are not alone because over the past few years the club and it’s story was played out for all to see. A club mismanaged and uncountable making desperate illogical decision with no long term plans. I figure the older you are the harder it is to let go and face reality.

A couple of days ago I was traveling with my younger brother who now only goes to away games and I said to him “not many people wear the BORO tops anymore” he agreed adding I suppose it depends on where you are and when but there is a definitive decline in numbers. A bit like dying with your boots on our kid... 

Just because we no longer punch above our weight does not and should not stop us from being proud of who and what we are...... UTB! 

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 1
  • Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EFL Cup - Middlesbrough v Barnsley, 6pm Tuesday 15th September Scene 1: Int (Daytime) [A café table at Scotch Corner Services. Neil Warnock is eating a full English breakfast when a man in dark

Absolute ***. If people seriously want to watch this for a season you are off your bloody heads.  Barnsley get the ball and it’s pass to feet, pass to feet, pass to feet, movement off the ball. We get

Tonight certainly laid bare why Warnock didn't mix things up by using the bench against Watford. If he had the 1-0 scoreline might have been more damaging. We were never going to win the Cup and

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Duvel said:

I talk to so many fans at the moment who are just past caring, there's no hope of promotion and hardly any expectation that the club will get things right off the pitch, you just think whats the point? 

Maybe it's just a sign that I'm getting old and miserable, I don't know. 

I think that's just natural to be honest regardless of age, I have so many memories of my early times as a fan when we were successful, and during Karanka's reign when things were going right. But if you ask me what happened in 2012, when nothing was happening, I would struggle to name a single result without double checking it. Unless it was marked by a remarkable goal or something.

When things aren't going in the right direction, people switch off. It's easier for some people to deal with it like that. It's up to the club to win you back.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think that's just natural to be honest regardless of age, I have so many memories of my early times as a fan when we were successful, and during Karanka's reign when things were going right. But if you ask me what happened in 2012, when nothing was happening, I would struggle to name a single result without double checking it. Unless it was marked by a remarkable goal or something.

When things aren't going in the right direction, people switch off. It's easier for some people to deal with it like that. It's up to the club to win you back.

I remember Tartan Ginger wigs against Plymouth (I think) and Willo Flood's goal from the East Stand touchline against Swansea at the Riverside. The rest of the Strachan era is a blur interspersed with Thompson hobbling about and Boyd looking disinterested and unfit. Memories of Steaua and the Millennium Stadium on the 29th February 2004 are far more vivid.

5 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Good to see you posting again, did you enjoy your break and was it constructive?😉

A little wound licking and reflecting, I'm not good at having my ears chewed,The lads on here are the least of my problems I got a Mrs & 3 girls were all wading in,I still can't see this Pen...Pon...Virus easing its grip,I just hope our club can ride the storm out...How long clubs can last I don't know 

Black eye.jpg

• Like 3
22 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

Doesn't the club owe Gibson £80 million? Not defending his dismal record since Eindhoven or our woeful recruitment, but he's hardly in this for the $$$.

Okay lets say thats true, whats causing that? every year hes cut back costs since going down on players wages since going down, he got a bucket load of cash of sellings players like Gibson, Bamford and Troare, plus the fact he also got a load of cash of the premier league for going too it and going down also whilst in the premier league the ground was full so bringing in extra revenue. I personally think its probably Rockcliffe thats losing loads of money year on year and because its tied to the club hes using his money to keep it afloat saying the club owes him it as the club is tied to Rockcliffe. 

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, Uwe said:

It’s usually one of the big 6 that win it. Why don’t they just have a Minnie league instead ? 

And this is the reason I think that all clubs should be involved from round 1 because for sure I would like to see some of the unusually ties

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

And this is the reason I think that all clubs should be involved from round 1 because for sure I would like to see some of the unusually ties

In an era when clubs need all financial support they can muster I wonder if they have ever considered it.

2 hours ago, thomas said:

Okay lets say thats true, whats causing that? every year hes cut back costs since going down on players wages since going down, he got a bucket load of cash of sellings players like Gibson, Bamford and Troare, plus the fact he also got a load of cash of the premier league for going too it and going down also whilst in the premier league the ground was full so bringing in extra revenue. I personally think its probably Rockcliffe thats losing loads of money year on year and because its tied to the club hes using his money to keep it afloat saying the club owes him it as the club is tied to Rockcliffe. 

As of the last set of accounts it is documented fact that we as a business (the club), owed Gibson's other businesses £105 Million. 

Since the 2010/11 to our promotion season (2015/2016) we lost a combined figure of £86.5 Million (roughly). We made a profit in the Prem season of £11.5 Million. Then in the 2 season since relegation (2017/18 & 2018/19) we've made a combined loss of £4.8 Million. Rockcliffe (is a separate business entity) has literally nothing to do with our finances. If I recall correctly, I believe Gibson had planned it so that, Rockcliffe once it was a profit making entity, would support the club, not the other way round.

The main issue is that we have continually lived out of our means. It seems that the last season and this season we have been making a push to get back onto a more even keel.

Edited by DanFromDownSouth
  • Thanks 2
12 hours ago, Uwe said:

It’s usually one of the big 6 that win it. Why don’t they just have a Minnie league instead ? 

They probably still wouldn't give a Donald Duck.

They're only interested in the PL trophy and Champions And Runners Up League.

41 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

I wonder how many concerned players and staff there are at Barnsley now following the news of NW?

well considering he kept himself away from his own team, I doubt he had much of a chance to infect any Barnsley players/staff.

• Like 1