oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bournemouth 1-1 (Browne)

you can see the benefits of being coached to play in a consistent formation, the link up and movement is more fluid. Yes, a creative midfilder and forward options like Akpom will improve us in the final third, but there is definitely an improvement in todays team play

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sadly the history of mankind is littered with "ism's" of many types. Wars have been started over them and millions of lives lost because of it. Since the days we lived in caves we developed tribalism

In light of Warnock's diagnosis,  I think we have to say we won't be able to fulfill the Bournemouth fixture because of health reasons. We should just cancel the game and fax the paperwork over to the

How about the poppy being on the England shirts? I don't agree that it shouldn't be allowed because quite frankly, I just don't see how gestures like this are the only thing that is political about fo

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TheJew said:

On a positive note we have pressed quite well.

Yeah pressing is working, Bournemouth don't look comfortable at the back at all, they're confusing themselves over and over with their out ball, running the ball out of play once or twice whilst thinking about it.

Problem is as CT said earlier, maintaining that intensity and really forcing the errors. I don't think Bournemouth are gonna sit back and pass it around their back line the way other teams might in this position. They'll want to go for more goals.

• Like 1

Spence needs to do more, but we have nothing on the bench to replace him with. 

it’s still a midfield issue mostly for me. 3 in there that haven’t grabbed the game. I’m all for a change to that 3 and see what that throws up in the second half. 

dijksteel looking a real player yet again

I'd give them another 15-20 minutes before making a change, for sure. I think by and large what we're doing is working. We don't have the cutting edge final pass kind of player, really. The one who'll take us from good positions and turn them into goals. We've got to keep working hard and hope something drops for us. Twice.

Annoying me how often the ref seems to end up in the middle of the pitch preventing the pass just outside the box, though. Seen it again in the highlights there.

1 minute ago, Mr_Maz said:

you can see the benefits of being coached to play in a consistent formation, the link up and movement is more fluid. Yes, a creative midfilder and forward options like Akpom will improve us in the final third, but there is definitely an improvement in todays team play

See, this is a bit I disagree with a little.  Our play without the ball has looked sharp, not so much with the ball.  It still seems to be a lot of win the ball back and get it crossed into the box.  There was that one move where it was getting quickly played into feet and moved on but that was just the once, and it felt a little off the cuff to me.  If we could get that going a bit more and start attacking them with something other than crosses then I'd feel a little happier with our play with the ball.

Just now, Hewie said:

Spence needs to do more, but we have nothing on the bench to replace him with. 

I'd try Coulson there again if needs be, it's the only chance he's gonna get whilst Johnson is in the team. I think Spence has been better today than at Watford, though so I wouldn't be making that change quite yet.

• Like 1
Just now, Changing Times said:

See, this is a bit I disagree with a little.  Our play without the ball has looked sharp, not so much with the ball.  It still seems to be a lot of win the ball back and get it crossed into the box.  There was that one move where it was getting quickly played into feet and moved on but that was just the once, and it felt a little off the cuff to me.  If we could get that going a bit more and start attacking them with something other than crosses then I'd feel a little happier with our play with the ball.

Yeah, I think when you watch what we generally do, you have to think that move was more off the top of the players' heads than management actually working on it.

I think we've massively messed up on Dijksteels contract why we didn't give him 4 years I don't know he'll 100% move next summer when he has 1 year left, if he keeps this form up he could get a move up a league.

Just now, BoroSmoggie said:

Must add also, McNair looks great at the back. Such a difference with someone comfortable on the ball, especially in a back 3. 

I like him there, hes quite mobile too which helps tons playing 3 at the back.

• Like 1
Just now, Changing Times said:

i think the play to get us from front to back has been a lot more measured in this game. the movement of Dijksteel and McNair is heping overload areas, and others are moving to ensure we stay in shape. 

midfielders are doing their jobs, but i agree with everyone that a creative player will help considerably.

final 3rd still hit and mostly miss,