oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bournemouth 1-1 (Browne)

I'll happily take a point there, along with the very many positives that came out of that performance.

Dijksteel man of the match again IMO, absolutely phenomenal back there, although thought Paddy put in quite the performance too. 

Hopefully Fletch isn't out long otherwise we're right back to square one with our striker situation. A little bit more creativity and better play from our wingbacks and we'll be fine.

Hope Coulson can get a start over Marv soon, those crosses today were awful.

• Like 1
  • Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sadly the history of mankind is littered with "ism's" of many types. Wars have been started over them and millions of lives lost because of it. Since the days we lived in caves we developed tribalism

In light of Warnock's diagnosis,  I think we have to say we won't be able to fulfill the Bournemouth fixture because of health reasons. We should just cancel the game and fax the paperwork over to the

How about the poppy being on the England shirts? I don't agree that it shouldn't be allowed because quite frankly, I just don't see how gestures like this are the only thing that is political about fo

Posted Images

Just now, Borodane said:

On a stag. How have we played. Just saw we were behind and equalized late on. 

Better than them, conceded a crap own goal which was largely lucky from Bournemouth. Final ball is still rubbish, Johnson has had so many wasted crossing opportunities this game it's unreal. One cracking ball from McNair and we're deservedly level, says it all really.

It's still a case of a lot of hard work, a bit more constructive than last weekend, but lacking some quality in the final third. Generally, the team worked better as a unit and we pressed well as a team.

We've earned the point as a bare minimum though I don't think anyone would be shocked we've only scored one goal. It's just frustrating that 1 goal really should have been enough today.

• Like 3

Positives -

- a decent point against a side playing well below their individual ability. 

- intent, intensity, pressing, ball retention all improved on the previous 3 games.

- mcnair was much more like the paddy of the start of last season 

-bettinelli much more confident display- solid and some good saves

Negatives -

- still giving away needless chances at set pieces, look very shakey at the back underr any kind of pressure.

- johnson- obvious one. I cant think fo any contract renewal in my 20 plus years of supporting boro that is baffling and dumb as this. He was a 2 out of 10 at best.

- creativity lacking again. Our chances all came from crosses or set pieces, just no incision or guile whatsoever.

• Like 1

Well chuffed I was able to oversee our first point of the season. Happy to hand over to DZ who will hopefully go on to secure our first win. 

I said what I wanted most of all was to see better organisation and work rate ( in short a decent performance). Well we definitely saw that today. The lads looked like the knew what they were supposed to be doing (most of the time). Technically we looked much better and the attitude seemed much improved.

Like BU, I also have more confidence for the rest of the season. Definitely something to build on.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Positives -

- a decent point against a side playing well below their individual ability. 

- intent, intensity, pressing, ball retention all improved on the previous 3 games.

- mcnair was much more like the paddy of the start of last season 

-bettinelli much more confident display- solid and some good saves

Negatives -

- still giving away needless chances at set pieces, look very shakey at the back underr any kind of pressure.

- johnson- obvious one. I cant think fo any contract renewal in my 20 plus years of supporting boro that is baffling and dumb as this. He was a 2 out of 10 at best.

- creativity lacking again. Our chances all came from crosses or set pieces, just no incision or guile whatsoever.

I really cant argue with any of that.