oneBoro Forum
AnglianRed

Boro v Bournemouth 1-1 (Browne)

1 minute ago, TheJew said:

Desperately need Roberts at least.

I doubt Roberts wants to come back.  If he did, I think he'd be here by now.  He'll probably be able to get a high end Championship or lower end premier league offer.

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

Not a bad 1st half, just toothless yet again offensively. I'd like to see Tav come out of the 3 in midfield and play just off Britt and Fletch.

Playing this formation it's important to get the midfield into the box and get lots of crosses in - we are doing neither at the moment.

The stats said we have had 15 crosses tbf. Only 5 successful though.

1 minute ago, TheJew said:

Id have Wing on for Saville. At least Wing can shoot.

Christ you can’t have watched him in the cup 

Well that was a pretty decent half...right up until that corner.

Bournemouth lucky to be 1-0 up at the break...don't think they deserve to be. Both sides were pretty evenly matched and neither side had looked like scoring until then.

Don't know if thats because the Cherries are playing below par, or Warnock & co worked out an effective lineup and game plan to deal with them.

Either way we looked a lot better than in recent games...just failed to really test the visitors' keeper. We're going to have to change that second half.

Just now, White Band said:

I doubt Roberts wants to come back.  If he did, I think he'd be here by now.  He'll probably be able to get a high end Championship or lower end premier league offer.

Off the back of what? A failed spell at Norwich and the odd game for us?

Just now, BoroJake said:

Spence’s crossing is so poor and Johnson’s isn’t much better either

Think the big thing for me on the crossing is the lack of consistency. Both them, particularly Johnson, are capable of decent crosses. But where do you stand as a forward in that box when they are ready to deliver? It's a bloody lottery. Johnson ranges from spanking it all the way across for a throw-in to a casual tap in the direction of the box straight into a defending midfielder.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheJew said:

I'd put Morsy on and move Howson into Savilles role personally.

• Like 4

Just now, TheJew said:

I wouldnt, Savilles 3-4 times this game has anticipated passes when theyve played out from the back and won the ball high up the pitch. Wing all he seems to do is give the ball back to opposition recently. 

• Like 1

Just now, BoroSmoggie said:

The stats said we have had 15 crosses tbf. Only 5 successful though.

Sorry I meant crosses from our wing backs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

He's been a passenger since his first 1-6 games in the 1st team. I honestly don't see a player in there 

Neither do i really. He’s similar to Wing. Came into the team and completely took the opportunity and couldn’t do much wrong. As time has went on, the real standard of both players has shone through, specifically Wing.

• Like 1

Bournemouth definitely don't deserve to be ahead, but i don't think we do either. We've shaded the general play but you need to create chances to deserve a lead.

Bournemouth have never won away at Middlesbrough

Boro - Hold my beer.                             

2 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Wasn’t expecting bournemouth to have less than 60% pass accuracy when the game started

I think it's the first time since Warnock has been here that we've had a higher passing accuracy than our opponents.  It's certainly not been that common.  Good pressing from us has helped as it's knocked them off their game a bit 👍