oneBoro Forum
AnglianRed

Boro v Bournemouth 1-1 (Browne)

Game getting really scrappy now. Not a lot of football being played. Very stop-start. Ref blowing his whistle every few minutes.

Think its about time for some subs and to try some new tactics.

Urgh! Boro get the ball in the net from a free kick but its flagged offside.

Just now, Brunners said:

his only defence I'll give him is that did come at him pretty dang quickly.

Will say that Saville probably doesn't reach it if he stays onside, either.

Not sure I’ve ever seen a player put such horrific deliveries in with such consistency, it’s almost commendable. 

I mean, how does he not learn?  There's no excuse to continually launch it so high. 

3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Thats not pedantic at all, its a black and white fact!

Well he isn't a new signing, I don't care how you describe him.

2 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

What does Spence do? 

What he should be doing, in my opinion, is carrying the ball from deeper positions and being the player to overlap someone else at pace.  In this set up, as a wingback, he's not really doing those things.

1 minute ago, JMC91 said:

Not sure I’ve ever seen a player put such horrific deliveries in with such consistency, it’s almost commendable. 

I don't even think he's that good a defender, either? I just don't get what Warnock is seeing that we aren't.

Good save, that. Well worked by Bournemouth off the ball coming forward on the break, really created the space for Solanke.

Jesus, every player went towards the ball then so we had 3 at the near post and the ball went to the back and nobody their. Surely someone would think ill go around the back just in case everyone misses it.