Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
AnglianRed

Boro v Bournemouth 1-1 (Browne)

Recommended Posts

Just now, thatoldchestnut said:

What was said at the after match press conference.

Warnock had a feeling about Browne, were going to play him at some point today anyway.

Fletcher was taken off more as a precaution than anything.

Warnock, Blackwell & Jepson argue a lot

Thought we played excellently today, in our first two games says we out chanced two teams who will both be up there come the end.

Gave special praise to McNair, saying he just gets better and better, as well as Dijksteel & Howson.

Said still need a few more, the players you saw today is the extent of our playing squad.

Disappointed in the way we conceded, but accepts that with the deflection sometimes that happens unfortunately. Said was happy with the way they defended all other set pieces.

Moved to a zonal marking system today and were pleased with how it worked.

Said that they don't want to provide any gimmes, any goal concede has to be earned.

Was happy with the passing today and that "believe it or not" they do want to play football, only when it's right to do so.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Was happy with the passing today and that "believe it or not" they do want to play football, only when it's right to do so.

Did Neil read my post earlier on the match day thread...?

On 9/18/2020 at 6:28 PM, DanFromDownSouth said:

In that case....Neil stop launching the ball long. Get it on the ground and play man! 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

I wonder where Wood was to day.

He was in attendance. Sat with akpom in one of the boxes. Suited up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What on earth have they been feeding Dijksteel. Hes an absolute destroyer now!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can only imagine the meltdown here if stojanovic had a game like the Bournemouth keeper. What was he doing?😂He could not catch the ball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

I can only imagine the meltdown here if stojanovic had a game like the Bournemouth keeper. What was he doing?😂He could not catch the ball

and to think that's a previously very highly rated Asmir Begovic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

and to think that's a previously very highly rated Asmir Begovic.

Going down the way of jack butland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

What on earth have they been feeding Dijksteel. Hes an absolute destroyer now!

Amazing what a steady diet of chicken parmos will do to a person's constitution. 😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

What on earth have they been feeding Dijksteel. Hes an absolute destroyer now!

I'm really hoping he's on a contract like Akpom of 3+1 because if Dijksteels on a flat 3 year contract we need to extend it ASAP. Standout defenders in this league go for an absolute truck of money, standout defenders in the fashionable back 3 formation like Kelly or Webster? Bring 2 trucks.

If we don't have an option then renegotiate him up on the scale, we can't let him do what he did to Charlton and get a move as he enters his final year next summer we need to tie that lad down I can't think of many other wide CBs with his pace/strength/ability to read the game in this league right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is leo still at club? I cant see him in dug out from pics that been released?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Is leo still at club? I cant see him in dug out from pics that been released?

He is, yeah. He usually sits slightly to the side of the dugout atm I think.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brunners said:

Warnock had a feeling about Browne, were going to play him at some point today anyway.

Fletcher was taken off more as a precaution than anything.

Warnock, Blackwell & Jepson argue a lot

Thought we played excellently today, in our first two games says we out chanced two teams who will both be up there come the end.

Gave special praise to McNair, saying he just gets better and better, as well as Dijksteel & Howson.

Said still need a few more, the players you saw today is the extent of our playing squad.

Disappointed in the way we conceded, but accepts that with the deflection sometimes that happens unfortunately. Said was happy with the way they defended all other set pieces.

Moved to a zonal marking system today and were pleased with how it worked.

Said that they don't want to provide any gimmes, any goal concede has to be earned.

Was happy with the passing today and that "believe it or not" they do want to play football, only when it's right to do so.

strangely Tindall thought we went man to man and very direct today

 

 "There's not too many teams that play this way in the Championship from what I've seen so far. They (Middlesbrough) play a unique way, man-to-man marking, they're a very, very direct side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

He was in attendance. Sat with akpom in one of the boxes. Suited up

ready to comeback when Warnock retires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...