• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sadly the history of mankind is littered with "ism's" of many types. Wars have been started over them and millions of lives lost because of it. Since the days we lived in caves we developed tribalism

In light of Warnock's diagnosis,  I think we have to say we won't be able to fulfill the Bournemouth fixture because of health reasons. We should just cancel the game and fax the paperwork over to the

How about the poppy being on the England shirts? I don't agree that it shouldn't be allowed because quite frankly, I just don't see how gestures like this are the only thing that is political about fo

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

strangely Tindall thought we went man to man and very direct today

"There's not too many teams that play this way in the Championship from what I've seen so far. They (Middlesbrough) play a unique way, man-to-man marking, they're a very, very direct side.

I think Blackwell meant specifically at corners, you just have to look at the goal we conceded to see we were definitely zonal.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

strangely Tindall thought we went man to man and very direct today

"There's not too many teams that play this way in the Championship from what I've seen so far. They (Middlesbrough) play a unique way, man-to-man marking, they're a very, very direct side.

weird. Unless he's talking general play because my original comment was solely about corners, so maybe it's a bit of both? Or maybe Tindall just doesn't know what he's talking about, could be either.

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

weird. Unless he's talking general play because my original comment was solely about corners, so maybe it's a bit of both? Or maybe Tindall just doesn't know what he's talking about, could be either.

i think it's what @wilsoncgp interrupereted it

though don'tthink we were specifically man to man in open play

From what I saw was a decent game of football where the right result was achieved as against last week.

The only thing that stopped us from perhaps winning the game was the lack of delivery once again from our set pieces.

Two game and we have not been really troubled and against last season PL teams.

Some good passages of play in the match and reason for hope of better things to come.

Would still be nice to see a midfielder burst forward directly through the middle,

Happy enough though!

• Like 4
30 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

From what I saw was a decent game of football where the right result was achieved as against last week.

The only thing that stopped us from perhaps winning the game was the lack of delivery once again from our set pieces.

Two game and we have not been really troubled and against last season PL teams.

Some good passages of play in the match and reason for hope of better things to come.

Would still be nice to see a midfielder burst forward directly through the middle,

Happy enough though!

A good mid fielder is worth his weight in gold. A good talker who can read, direct, control the game who commands respect from fellow players, a leader, a gladiator.
 I’ll check on Amozon. 

Seriously though I understand what you are stating and if it’s so obvious to us we are weak at crosses and set pieces I’m sure Warnock is as well. If only the club gets Warnock his targets I am pretty sure we can form a team that is competitive. 

• Like 2

i've read the the 'up the cherries' match verdict thread. they all seem to agree its was a terrible game and a hard watch lacking in quality. 

*** me if they think that was bad should have tried being a boro fan for the last 4 years. that was an improvement on anything for us since karanka had his meltdown.

my verdict on the game.

Them: muff are a weak side and will struggle to put a run together and get into contention. they are not a bad side though and have some quality players. they will find it hard to be in contention for promotion. though wouldnt rule them out of it. still have goals in them. early days yet, thats just my first impressions.

US: we have a couple of positions really lacking in quality. one player in particular made me want to scream at the computer. he ballooned several crossed for goal kicks when in great positions, fouled players right on edge of the area and constantly gave ball away. he also scored an OG. our two more experienced cm's both leaving the ball for eachother and losing possession. think it lead to the corner for the goal or a good chance for them. it was pathetic. they didnt have bad games either but that typifies why we need to improve on them.

akpom will give us a much better cutting edge, he'll be an improvement on fletch i reckon. he'll be more involved than him.

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I think Tindall watched a different game to me, like.

Probably wearing cherry tinted spectacles....to be honest, thought he was a decent referee for the Championship....tried to let game flow when he could...showed the card when he had to and seemed to work well with linesmen...we will have a lot worse than him before season is out...think Tindall is in for a rude awakening if he thinks that was bad...

• Like 1

Just watched the extended highlights, so it's  a limited point of view. But Bettinelli looked the superior keeper compared to Begovic, made some really good saves (Brooks 1st half effort, is the pick of the bunch).

Obviously Bournemouth's goal took a huge deflection, so although it's not great to concede, I don't think there was much that could be done regarding it. If I was being harsh I think Johnson could have done better sticking to Solanke and getting in front of him and I think Dijksteel could have done better to cut out the ball coming in. You can see the "Zonal" marking causing a small mix up in that goal, in my opinion.

Our offside goal, I actually think Browne after chesting it forward, could have got to the ball. But Saville reacted on reflex and put the ball into the net. I don't think Saville was in a position that impeded the keeper or any defenders. But as I say it was a reflex reaction, so no complaints here.

For our actual goal, it highlights the importance of getting a good delivery into a dangerous area. It was in the perfect position to throw doubt into the minds of the defenders, 1 tracks Britt's run and the ball passes both of them. Then the 2nd defender can't get ahead of Browne quick enough to prevent him getting his head on it. All the while Begovic is rooted to the spot, probably with half his mind on the save he'd have to make if Britt made contact.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Just watched the extended highlights, so it's  a limited point of view. But Bettinelli looked the superior keeper compared to Begovic, made some really good saves (Brooks 1st half effort, is the pick of the bunch).

Obviously Bournemouth's goal took a huge deflection, so although it's not great to concede, I don't think there was much that could be done regarding it. If I was being harsh I think Johnson could have done better sticking to Solanke and getting in front of him and I think Dijksteel could have done better to cut out the ball coming in. You can see the "Zonal" marking causing a small mix up in that goal, in my opinion.

Our offside goal, I actually think Browne after chesting it forward, could have got to the ball. But Saville reacted on reflex and put the ball into the net. I don't think Saville was in a position that impeded the keeper or any defenders. But as I say it was a reflex reaction, so no complaints here.

For our actual goal, it highlights the importance of getting a good delivery into a dangerous area. It was in the perfect position to throw doubt into the minds of the defenders, 1 tracks Britt's run and the ball passes both of them. Then the 2nd defender can't get ahead of Browne quick enough to prevent him getting his head on it. All the while Begovic is rooted to the spot, probably with half his mind on the save he'd have to make if Britt made contact.

A lot of people would ignore Britts contribution there. He took a defender with him and left the keeper in two minds. Just getting more players into box in situations like that will improve our goal tally this year. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

A lot of people would ignore Britts contribution there. He took a defender with him and left the keeper in two minds. Just getting more players into box in situations like that will improve our goal tally this year. 

Britt's run to the near post was so important for that goal.