Boro v Bournemouth 1-1 (Browne)

I would pick but isn't gonna be picked

Bettanali

Dijksteel   Fry Hall        Coulson

Saville. Morsey

Tav.                                       Johnson

Britt.       Fletcher

1 minute ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Watford we lined up with 3 at the back, and Howson, Saville and Tav in midfield didn't we?

Yeah but Tavernier is at least an attacking player.  Replacing him with Morsey wouldn't be like for like.

Just now, Changing Times said:

Yeah but Tavernier is at least an attacking player.  Replacing him with Morsey wouldn't be like for like.

Very true, maybe Tav for Sav? (Sorry couldn't resist).

You know that Warnock is reading this and scribbling it all down in preparation for the instructions he's going to give tomorrow.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

You know that Warnock is reading this and scribbling it all down in preparation for the instructions he's going to give tomorrow.

In that case....Neil stop launching the ball long. Get it on the ground and play man! 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

In that case....Neil stop launching the ball long. Get it on the ground and play man! 

P.S. Also hope you get over COVID quickly.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

If we play the same team as Watford but with morsy in for tav im going to go support hashtag utd with @Brunners

There are some really interesting Danish teams that are worth following. 

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

If we play the same team as Watford but with morsy in for tav im going to go support hashtag utd with @Brunners

Ok, Neil, just this once it's ok if you do it 🤭

I'd also expect the same team barring Morsy, which is kind of worrying. I feel like if Coulson was playing left wing back against Barnsley, he might have at least had a chance to show what he can do getting down the outside of people. He did still somehow manage it on the right hand side later on in the game so maybe he plays right in this game too? Seems a bit of a push.

First goal in this game feels like it's gonna be massive. If we can somehow get it, we might be able to *** house it through the 90 minutes. If Bournemouth get it, I feel like they're gonna just pick us off one by one. If it was any other team playing these, I'd have it down as both teams to score. We have to show something significantly better than we did against Watford for that, though. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'd also expect the same team barring Morsy, which is kind of worrying. I feel like if Coulson was playing left wing back against Barnsley, he might have at least had a chance to show what he can do getting down the outside of people. He did still somehow manage it on the right hand side later on in the game so maybe he plays right in this game too? Seems a bit of a push.

First goal in this game feels like it's gonna be massive. If we can somehow get it, we might be able to *** house it through the 90 minutes. If Bournemouth get it, I feel like they're gonna just pick us off one by one. If it was any other team playing these, I'd have it down as both teams to score. We have to show something significantly better than we did against Watford for that, though. 

We proper stitched up Browne and Coulson midweek like, feel for them.

• Like 2

This wont be picked but this what I would go with ....

Bettanali

Dijksteel   Fry     Hall       

Tav            Saville  Morsey        Coulson

.                            Browne            

Britt       Fletcher

Everytime Coulson or Tav cross the ball in from open play id want all three of them in the middle in the box trying to get on the end of it. I think against this Bournemouth team you sit back and you will get beat you be brave and you might just get something. 

Traditionally very low scoring games between the teams at The Riverside, I do not see that changing.

A point at this time I will take because our home form is still very much a concern

Interesting thread. From racism to horticulture, and finally onto football... 

I'm hoping that Kevin Blackwell will be wearing one of these on with Neil's face on, so he can still harass the referee/ give team talks etc.

nintchdbpict000382282635.thumb.jpg.77ea85d1516d2902c9ad898cac673fa4.jpg

Anyway, I think we'll get beat again. 2-0. The cherries will be too good for us. 

• Like 1

Think I’ve gone for an away win in the predictions league so we should get at least a point. 
also it’s time to confess that against Barnsley I put a Boro win in my accumulator so the defeat rests entirely on my shoulders (it’s the only one that didn’t come in 🤦‍♂️