Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You watch the games about an hour behind the rest of us šŸ¤£

On an iPhone, thereā€™s an annoying ad at the bottom of the screen that covers the box that comes up to indicate there areĀ further replies. This means you canā€™t click the ā€œshow first 2 repliesā€ line. Ju

I'd advise you to get the Opera browser. It has ad-blocker switched on by default. Also comes with a VPN system that is useful for viewing "unofficial" streams.Ā šŸ˜‰ I don't mind viewing ads on my P

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Even with ad blockers this site gets some awfully intrusive ads.

Not a very efficient blocker then? I haven't had a single ad on my time on here (on desktop anyway!)

5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Not a very efficient blocker then? I haven't had a single ad on my time on here (on desktop anyway!)

ABP, although I very rarely use this forum on my home computer, usually on my tablet or mobile (still use ABP but get the odd intrusive ad.)

7 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

ABP, although I very rarely use this forum on my home computer, usually on my tablet or mobile (still use ABP but get the odd intrusive ad.)

can't recommend ublock origin enough, honestly.

22 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Even with ad blockers this site gets some awfully intrusive ads.

I use the Opera browser and don't get a single ad. Got it on my PC and phone.Ā šŸ˜‰

https://www.opera.com/

Also has built-in VPN that you can switch on or off as you like.

Ā 

• Like 1
Just now, AnglianRed said:

I use the Opera browser and don't get a single ad. Got it on my PC and phone.Ā šŸ˜‰

https://www.opera.com/

Also has built-in VPN that you can switch on or off as you like.

Ā 

I use Opera at home but the built in VPN is terrible, doesn't actually mask your IP half the time and can be seriously slow. I use Windscribe with a couple of different servers and an unlimited data plan, it's like Ā£1.50 a month

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I use Opera at home but the built in VPN is terrible, doesn't actually mask your IP half the time and can be seriously slow. I use Windscribe with a couple of different servers and an unlimited data plan, it's like Ā£1.50 a month

Thats interesting - how do you tell how effective a VPN is?

Can't say its slowed my connection noticeably...

Ā 

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

Ā 

• Haha 8
11 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Ā 

Various websites will tell you what your IP is regardless of a VPN being active, built in VPNs usually don't have the same effectiveness as ones you pay a subscription to. Opera's is fine for getting round region-locking but if you're serious about security I'd suggest paying up. Or using TOR.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Blanco said:

If oneBoro had a Slowpoke meme, it would definitely be for AR. This is gonna go over some people's heads but:

image.png.f12be5391d0b65688b6dedeb41f66e1f.png

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, Blanco said:

Thats the streams - not my connection!Ā šŸ˜›

For reference I can play online MMOs with very low stable ping rates (around 30ms).

Ā 

3 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Various websites will tell you what your IP is regardless of a VPN being active, built in VPNs usually don't have the same effectiveness as ones you pay a subscription to. Opera's is fine for getting round region-locking but if you're serious about security I'd suggest paying up. Or using TOR.

TorĀ is the gold standard for privacy, but I find it impractical for streaming.Ā [nerd alert] I've got a Dell XPS with an i7 processor and 8GB of RAM, but even then, TorĀ still stutters and stumbles like a Boro striker on a particularly bad day.

Built-in VPNs tend to be free, and free ones sometimes keep data logs of your activity. Make sure any VPN you use has a no logs policy before signing up. And switch to a European server rather than an American one, which some default to when you turn them on.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

TorĀ is the gold standard for privacy, but I find it impractical for streaming.Ā [nerd alert] I've got a Dell XPS with an i7 processor and 8GB of RAM, but even then, TorĀ still stutters and stumbles like a Boro striker on a particularly bad day.

Built-in VPNs tend to be free, and free ones sometimes keep data logs of your activity. Make sure any VPN you use has a no logs policy before signing up. And switch to a European server rather than an American one, which some default to when you turn them on.

image.gif.e705ea2ffb5150fcce2137fa06180e40.gif

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...