Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You watch the games about an hour behind the rest of us 🤣

On an iPhone, there’s an annoying ad at the bottom of the screen that covers the box that comes up to indicate there are further replies. This means you can’t click the “show first 2 replies” line. Ju

I'd advise you to get the Opera browser. It has ad-blocker switched on by default. Also comes with a VPN system that is useful for viewing "unofficial" streams. 😉 I don't mind viewing ads on my P

Posted Images

• 9 months later...

Just bump this again...I'm getting some pretty annoying ads on mobile when viewing the site. And have seen a few others also mention it too. Rob @oneboro is there anything that can be done from your end?

I've attached a screenshot for reference. What's even worse is I don't even drink tequila! 

Screenshot_20220629-201603_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2c7259c3d66f5a37912025cbc6ff9fb1.jpg

On an iPhone, there’s an annoying ad at the bottom of the screen that covers the box that comes up to indicate there are further replies. This means you can’t click the “show first 2 replies” line. Just means you have to refresh, so not desperately bad, but it makes the notification box a bit pointless.

• Like 5
20 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Just bump this again...I'm getting some pretty annoying ads on mobile when viewing the site. And have seen a few others also mention it too. Rob @oneboro is there anything that can be done from your end?

I've attached a screenshot for reference. What's even worse is I don't even drink tequila! 

Screenshot_20220629-201603_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2c7259c3d66f5a37912025cbc6ff9fb1.jpg

This is the same for me, its almost impossible to close them, and when new comments appear, they are also behind the ads and so the only way to see them is to refresh the page.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Johnmfc81 said:

This is the same for me, its almost impossible to close them, and when new comments appear, they are also behind the ads and so the only way to see them is to refresh the page.

I’m having the same problem on an iPhone 13 it really ruins the experience. 

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'm on android Chrome and the adverts are easy to deal with and nowhere near as big as that.

It's strange that it's so much more intrusive on iPhones.

I'm on Chrome on android and get the same as them, just seems to be luck of the draw.

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I agree, using an iPhone really does ruin the experience of using a mobile phone.

Do you think? I’ve always had an iPhone since iPhone1, I never really thought about an alternative…I guess it’s what I’m used to.

What would be your preference and what are the benefits? For instance do you get pop up adverts on your phone? 

38 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Do you think? I’ve always had an iPhone since iPhone1, I never really thought about an alternative…I guess it’s what I’m used to.

What would be your preference and what are the benefits? For instance do you get pop up adverts on your phone? 

Android tends to be the more innovative platform, despite popular assumptions to the contrary. Android users were the first to be able to use copy-and-paste, third-party keyboards, night modes, screen auto-rotation, live photos and split-screen apps.

Today, you need an Android handset to run two SIMs or use integrated microSD cards for expandable storage, or to enjoy a 4K screen. Also, USB-C is a far more widely adopted connection interface than Apple's Lightning cable, which we'll apparently be stuck with in the UK because the EU-wide ban on incompatible connectivity won't apply to us.

More specifically to this thread, you generally get less intrusive ads on Android due to the way the two OS are configured.

[takes off nerd hat with a flourish]

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Android tends to be the more innovative platform, despite popular assumptions to the contrary. Android users were the first to be able to use copy-and-paste, third-party keyboards, night modes, screen auto-rotation, live photos and split-screen apps.

Today, you need an Android handset to run two SIMs or use integrated microSD cards for expandable storage, or to enjoy a 4K screen. Also, USB-C is a far more widely adopted connection interface than Apple's Lightning cable, which we'll apparently be stuck with in the UK because the EU-wide ban on incompatible connectivity won't apply to us.

More specifically to this thread, you generally get less intrusive ads on Android due to the way the two OS are configured.

[takes off nerd hat with a flourish]

That’s very interesting, I guess Apple have caught up on quite a few of those issues now appear from the USBc issue which to be honest I don’t really understand what the fuss is about. I’ve got loads of chargers lying around my house and I don’t feel the need to be compatible with any one else’s phone. 

1 hour ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Everything @RiseAgainst said basically, the average smartphone user is now starting to realise that iPhones are essentially status symbols, Android phones are generally more powerful and user friendly (Samsung have had the upper hand on Apple for a good while now, and other brands are releasing entry level handsets which rival iPhones at a fraction of the cost.)

Edited by Denzel Zanzibar
6 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Everything @RiseAgainst said basically, the average smartphone user is now starting to realise that iPhones are essentially status symbols, Android phones are generally more powerful and user friendly (Samsung have had the upper hand on Apple for a good while now, and other brands are releasing entry level handsets which rival iPhones at a fraction of the cost.)

Given your track record on being ITK about stuff you've probably just massively increased sales of iPhones.