• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not unhappy with that team, but I'd have dropped Saville for Morsy and given Coulson a chance over Johnson.

"I've opened my legs up, just stick it in there" - Neil Maddison, 2020

He was right, whatever table Scotty was looking at was lying 

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

In the who is your favourite boro player thread a few weeks ago saville was mentioned probably more than anyone. Can anyone please tell me what they see in him? He's right up there with gestede and guerdiora in the conversation of our worst value for money signings in recent years. 

I don't think he's had an effective start to the season, by any means. But I do think he started to show a bit more of what he's capable of from January onwards. Before that, I was saying exactly the same as you.

I don't think it helps when the midfield is so often bypassed at the moment, the midfield are picking up scraps and not really doing a lot of creating. We get more creativity out of our left and right-sided centre-backs. We need Saville in particular to step up a little bit more when we're in attacking positions. We also haven't done a lot of attacking down our left-hand side today and that's where Saville is operating generally when we're going forward.

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

I don't think he's had an effective start to the season, by any means. But I do think he started to show a bit more of what he's capable of from January onwards. Before that, I was saying exactly the same as you.

I don't think it helps when the midfield is so often bypassed at the moment, the midfield are picking up scraps and not really doing a lot of creating. We get more creativity out of our left and right-sided centre-backs. We need Saville in particular to step up a little bit more when we're in attacking positions. We also haven't done a lot of attacking down our left-hand side today and that's where Saville is operating generally when we're going forward.

I agree for the first couple of games, but I dont think weve bypassed the midfield quite as much here or vs Bournemouth, which in itself is a positive. The issue is more that weve just been losing the battle here.