oneBoro Forum

QPR v Boro 1-1 (Akpom)

Just now, DanFromDownSouth said:

So halftime, what/who would you change?

QPR are playing very wide, tactically I think I'd pull Spence and Johnson back to combat the width. I think I'd ask McNair and Dijksteel to carry the ball out of defence through the middle (Chris Wilder inspired). I also think QPR look weak through the middle, so that's something we could exploit.

I'd bring Morsy on for Saville, I'd have Howson and Morsy as a pair in the middle, then I'd let Tav drift into the No.10 role. I'd then have Howson and Morsy dropping back when McNair/Dijksteel push forward.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not unhappy with that team, but I'd have dropped Saville for Morsy and given Coulson a chance over Johnson.

"I've opened my legs up, just stick it in there" - Neil Maddison, 2020

He was right, whatever table Scotty was looking at was lying 

Posted Images

In the who is your favourite boro player thread a few weeks ago saville was mentioned probably more than anyone. Can anyone please tell me what they see in him? He's right up there with gestede and guerdiora in the conversation of our worst value for money signings in recent years. 

• Like 2

i agree with all the people saying they've had the better chances, could easily be a few down, but we should have had a penalty which evens things up.
I feel that there defense is shocking so were always in with a shout in this one.
Hopefully we can finally see coulson on for johnson.

Yeah, Morsy for someone in that midfield definitely. Not overly concerned who comes off for him so long as we have him on protecting the defence.

It is quite an open game. QPR are trying things their players aren't capable of and we are picking up scraps and trying to do something with them. But in wide areas, QPR are getting joy and getting in behind us. For all the good Dijksteel has done, he can't get to grips with Osayi-Samuel. He in particular has had the beating of his man on a few occasions.

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

In the who is your favourite boro player thread a few weeks ago saville was mentioned probably more than anyone. Can anyone please tell me what they see in him? He's right up there with gestede and guerdiora in the conversation of our worst value for money signings in recent years. 

He does the work that you obviously see no value in. The perfect example is the way he threw himself in the way and took the ball full in the face. He stops the other team. I can tell already that you won’t like Morsy

• Like 3
Just now, Blanco said:

He does the work that you obviously see no value in. The perfect example is the way he threw himself in the way and took the ball full in the face. He stops the other team. I can tell already that you won’t like Morsy

I like work but I also like quality and a good football brain. Saville has never shown either for us.