• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not unhappy with that team, but I'd have dropped Saville for Morsy and given Coulson a chance over Johnson.

"I've opened my legs up, just stick it in there" - Neil Maddison, 2020

He was right, whatever table Scotty was looking at was lying 

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Think the ruling is if it is a deliberate attempt to play the ball and comes off that defender attempting to block/header etc, then it isn't offside. If it just hits someone who is in the way, but not attempting to play the ball, then it's a normal offside.

Are we sure block attempts count as a deliberate attempt to play the ball? Because even a player standing still in front of the shot is deliberately attempting to play the ball if that's the case. I feel it's more like if the player in question could reasonably be judged as trying to make in some way an offensive pass, either to retain possession or to play it forward or something. If the player is just trying to get any body part between them and a shot just to defend the goal, should that be considered as an attempt to play it?

My understanding based on what happened is if Tav was offside when that shot was made by Morsy, it counts as offside. What you're saying makes it sound like he shouldn't be.

On the positive side, we doubled the gap between us and the bottom three and we aren't conceding as many as our rivals but the lack of creativity means that we need to be converting chances when we get them and we had the opportunities to do that today...hopefully the injuries will have cleared up by next weekend...weird that we have six games next month but there is also a two-week gap for the internationals...still need a spark from somewhere 

6 minutes ago, alexutb said:

We'd be such a better teams if we improved our full backs. Fairly happy how we played aside the wing backs start Morsy next game, utb

I think Spence has had an up and down game today. On one or two occasions he really got what was required going forward. Most the time though, he just wasn't aggressive enough in the play going forward. But again, the lad is still generally offering more than Johnson as an attacking outlet and is plenty of years his junior. With Bola and Coulson on the bench again today, you have to wonder what either of those lads has to do to get on the pitch. Maybe blackmail?

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think Spence has had an up and down game today. On one or two occasions he really got what was required going forward. Most the time though, he just wasn't aggressive enough in the play going forward. But again, the lad is still generally offering more than Johnson as an attacking outlet and is plenty of years his junior. With Bola and Coulson on the bench again today, you have to wonder what either of those lads has to do to get on the pitch. Maybe blackmail?

Move to another club?  Become a referee?

We've had a narrow loss to Watford away, drew with Bournemouth at home and got a point at QPR considering we all think we haven't really put it all together yet that isn't a bad set of results to be honest. The worry now is the games in October/November come thick and fast it will test our thin squad I think we need 3 more in maybe 4.

• Like 1

That game highlighted how much we need better options than Spence & Johnson. When we were on top they were the weak links going forward, same defensively. 

For the life of me I can’t understand why johnson shows players the inside rather than the line...I thought this was something everyone was taught 1st day as a kid. 

Other than those 2 I think we are a lot better and work more as a team. Need that first win. 

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Move to another club?  Become a referee?

I suppose Coulson could have swapped benches today and wore a Tom Carroll mask. Maybe he did!?

I think Coulson would be a rubbish referee though. In which case, that's probably his best avenue of getting on the pitch in the EFL.

2 minutes ago, DevKWat said:
4 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

I want to see Fletcher and Akpom together... 

Me too. unfortunately our £15m Captain who misses sitters for fun won't be dropped.  

Not being funny but Akpom was barely in the game today especially in the second half.  I know he scored the goal but he wasn't really involved at all for a lot of that.  Did the odd nice thing earlier on though.

• Like 2

Coulson must've dropped off a cliff if he can't even get a look in over Johnson. Yes, Coulson isn't brilliant defensively but would he be any worse than Johnson? I know for a fact he'd bring a hell of a lot more going forward

• Like 2
Just now, Changing Times said:

Not being funny but Akpom was barely in the game today especially in the second half.  I know he scored the goal but he wasn't really involved at all for a lot of that.  Did the odd nice thing earlier on though.

looked exciting for 20-30 mins, but then suddenly he went full britt mode, heavy touches, running in trouble etc, still he scored from his only real chance which is more than britt can say.