oneBoro Forum

QPR v Boro 1-1 (Akpom)

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Not being funny but Akpom was barely in the game today especially in the second half.  I know he scored the goal but he wasn't really involved at all for a lot of that.  Did the odd nice thing earlier on though.

He had 2 chances put them away. Not bad really when britt had 2 easier chances and couldnt even make contact with the ball

• Like 3
  • Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not unhappy with that team, but I'd have dropped Saville for Morsy and given Coulson a chance over Johnson.

"I've opened my legs up, just stick it in there" - Neil Maddison, 2020

He was right, whatever table Scotty was looking at was lying 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Not being funny but Akpom was barely in the game today especially in the second half.  I know he scored the goal but he wasn't really involved at all for a lot of that.  Did the odd nice thing earlier on though.

Were any of our attacking players? All I can remember is he did well when he did have the ball and took the chances that came his way. 

• Like 2
Just now, tmcc said:

looked exciting for 20-30 mins, but then suddenly he went full britt mode, heavy touches, running in trouble etc, still he scored from his only real chance which is more than britt can say.

Certainly take the goal but yeah it was weird how he just completely faded out of the game.  Could be a result of it being his debut although I suspect it's more to do with how we play, and how the game developed, with QPR taking hold of the game and us not offering much until towards the end.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DevKWat said:

Were any of our attacking players? All I can remember is he did well when he did have the ball and took the chances that came his way. 

I agree mate, I suppose I'm saying that we need to involve them all more than we do or it won't make much of a difference.  If a striker disappears for an hour of a game then something isn't working right.  I'm not sure him up front with Fletcher would make any difference to that really.

Just now, Changing Times said:

Certainly take the goal but yeah it was weird how he just completely faded out of the game.  Could be a result of it being his debut although I suspect it's more to do with how we play, and how the game developed, with QPR taking hold of the game and us not offering much until towards the end.

boro striker syndrome kicked in, no striker can come to this club and play more than 30 mins without coming down with the ailment. symtoms include:

missing sitters

loss of ball control

loss of passing ability

losing the ability to impact the game in any meaningful way

No, no, no no, it’s not good enough. 
Look I’m pleased we got a point but all the games have proven so far is, we  are a weak, weak club. Possibly because it’s my club I see more faults with it then I would with others but it’s hard to deny we live on the edge of survival rather then competing. 

The team is in change mode, which is pretty obvious watching us play but we will settle and get better. The squad is to small and we desperately, desperately need players but we all know that. 

Im cuffed with the point, I am not with the way we played and we all know single points spell trouble but NW knows it to, so give him time. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Blackwell says it's a torn calf for Hall and he's out at least a couple weeks.

Hopefully Dael can step in next week and after that there is a 2 week break so hopefully after 3 weeks or so Hall will be there or thereabouts. Regardless we need another CB and not one to make up the numbers but one who can hopefully be a regular. Which will allow Paddy to push up in to midfield

13 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Blackwell says it's a torn calf for Hall and he's out at least a couple weeks.

He has since downgraded it to a strain, which seems more likely with expecting him out only a couple of weeks.

3 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Are we sure block attempts count as a deliberate attempt to play the ball? Because even a player standing still in front of the shot is deliberately attempting to play the ball if that's the case. I feel it's more like if the player in question could reasonably be judged as trying to make in some way an offensive pass, either to retain possession or to play it forward or something. If the player is just trying to get any body part between them and a shot just to defend the goal, should that be considered as an attempt to play it?

Sorry for the late reply.

That's my bad, blocks do not constitute a deliberate attempt to play the ball. Attempting a header/pass/clearance is classed as a deliberate attempt.

• Like 1

I'm not too disappointed with our opening results and performances. The fixtures were really tough on paper and we've had our own disruptions like Warnock and Fry having to self-isolate, Fletcher's injury and a pretty frustrating transfer window which has left us very short in several areas, so there are significant mitigating factors. It' also worth noting that a lot of our players are still adapting to this wingback formation so it's going to take us time to become more effective. In particular, it's going to take the wing-backs and strikers time to understand their movements. I think that's going to be crucial to us getting down the sides of defences from long balls and winning possession higher up the pitch - both of which are key to Warnock's style of play. Spence is playing well below his potential going forward, so there's huge room for improvement there. I'm strangely more positive about us this season than at the start of last season as I can at least see a fairly steady base for the team to be able to grow into as the season develops. We're in very good hands under Warnock so I'm confident that we're on the right track even if results don't immediately substantiate that.

• Like 2