• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not unhappy with that team, but I'd have dropped Saville for Morsy and given Coulson a chance over Johnson.

"I've opened my legs up, just stick it in there" - Neil Maddison, 2020

He was right, whatever table Scotty was looking at was lying 

Posted Images

Meh we were okay last game, no need to be overly pessimistic going into this one. QPR are hardly great and they've lost Eze - although I'm sure Johnson will conspire to make some academy kid look better than Eze.

Morsy and Akpom straight in. 2-1 Boro with a bit of luck.

19 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I think we can get a narrow 1-0 win in this one. Just have to keep that Dykes guy quiet and keep a clean sheet

Dykes wasn’t prolific in Scotland by any stretch and both his goals this season have been penalties. 

I’m not too sure what the hype is around him personally..... cue a Saturday hat trick no doubt 

• Like 1

Praying we'll get our first win of the season here and there is no reason why we shouldn't. Having lost Eze is bound to have a negative affect on them. Think this is a game that will be won by the team that takes one of the few chances that will come in a scrappy game.

1. 0-2

2. Think we'll see Akpom for Fletcher (injured) and Morsy for Tav. I'd also like to se Coulson for Johnson, but somehow don't think we will.

3. Yes, he'll start, and will score the second.

4. I still think he'll be missing. Warnock is back though.

5. Ranger Smith (off Yogi Bear)

Edited by uncle_rico
  • Like 1

Score Predictions?

I think we can win this. 2-1.

Lineup?

Same as Bournemouth, but Morsy in place of Saville and Akpom in place of Fletcher.

Will Chuba Akpom make his debut, scoring his first of many hat-tricks for the club?

Yes and no. He won't score, though he will do enough to secure a place in the next game.

Will Leo appear out of nowhere mid-match, storm onto the pitch and headbutt the ref?

No, but he'll engage in some passive-aggressive staring with the opposition bench, and might even throw a water bottle if he gets really agitated.

Who are the better Rangers?

Glasgow, obvs. Though at the risk of starting a sectarian bunfight on here, other Glasgow-based football clubs with long-standing links to religious communities are also available. It's a little-known fact that the Partick Thistle ultras are both listed on the Census as Jedi Knights.

As an aside, a former work colleague of mine moved up to Glasgow from London when he was a kid. Feeling a bit homesick, he asked his mum for a Rangers shirt that Christmas (meaning QPR), but she bought him a Glasgow Rangers top instead. When I met him, in his early 30s, he was a season ticket holder at Ibrox. Funny how life works out, isn't it? (Though not for him, given Celtic's dominance over the last ten years.)

8 hours ago, BoroBoy1989 said:

Dykes wasn’t prolific in Scotland by any stretch and both his goals this season have been penalties. 

I’m not too sure what the hype is around him personally..... cue a Saturday hat trick no doubt 

You're doing him a disservice there. He was the best player in a Livingston team that finished 5th last year.

He's also scored a key goal for Scotland this season. He was the striker I wanted us to sign the most this window, he really is a good player. That being said I'm really happy with the signing of Akpom as an alternative.

(Maybe this will reverse jinx him and he'll have a shocker)

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Weasel said:

You're doing him a disservice there. He was the best player in a Livingston team that finished 5th last year.

He's also scored a key goal for Scotland this season. He was the striker I wanted us to sign the most this window, he really is a good player. That being said I'm really happy with the signing of Akpom as an alternative.

(Maybe this will reverse jinx him and he'll have a shocker)

To be fair I’ve only seen the lad play once, against Coventry last Friday. 

Probably unfair of me to judge him on his strike rate alone

I watched dykes the other week.... lots of running and pressure, but he never really attacked it in the box. I’d say he isn’t bad, but he isn’t amazing. 

qprs defence is still terrible though. I think we mostly match up well against them, but the right winger is going to be a tough match up (again) on Johnson. McNair will need to help out. No eze means that although they have a strong midfield, they are still missing a spark for a goal or two. 

im going a 2-0 boro win