Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough have made real progress


Recommended Posts

but still need that little bit of oomph.

Who pays these journalists a wage? We are worse than last season in terms of both numbers and quality. What a nonsense article by a clown of a journalist who, and this shows how bad the others are, is the best the Gazette has to offer.

This smacks of an attempt by the club via the local rag to prepare the fans for no more signings. We were three or four players short last season and have lost eleven first teamers since then and only added four. Do the club and the Gazette think we are all morons?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 point better off though! 😎

I don't think anyone who was here last summer would improve things for us, bar Ayala and Randolph, so not sure what huge quality we're missing?

I'll not include January signings, as it's not January.

We've also got an infinitely better manager.

Though, saying that, I think we'd be at least 2 point better off with Randolph still here.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OzzyPorter said:

but still need that little bit of oomph.

Who pays these journalists a wage? We are worse than last season in terms of both numbers and quality. What a nonsense article by a clown of a journalist who, and this shows how bad the others are, is the best the Gazette has to offer.

This smacks of an attempt by the club via the local rag to prepare the fans for no more signings. We were three or four players short last season and have lost eleven first teamers since then and only added four. Do the club and the Gazette think we are all morons?

You didn’t watch us last season, did you?

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

You almost sound surprised😁 it’s been common knowledge for a long time that the Gazette will print anything Gibson tell them to hence the Evening Gibson nickname. There isn’t an ounce of crititique in the veins of the gazette towards the club. Everything is just honky dory and everyone else’s fault. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well we managed to land a competent manager...thats some sort of progress.

How much of an impact our new signings will make remains to be seen. Still too early in the season to make any reasonable judgements, but on the evidence so far we are looking more like an actual team of footballers, rather than the herd of blindfolded donkeys were were for most of last season.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Humpty said:

You didn’t watch us last season, did you?

The only reason we have improved as a squad is due to Neil Warnock. He himself mentioned we were glaringly short on numbers and quality yet he has lost eleven and recruited just four. So yes, in terms of numbers and quality we are indeed in a worse state than last season. Everyone can see it apart from the club, the media stooges and a small number of blinkered supporters 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Well we managed to land a competent manager...thats some sort of progress.

How much of an impact our new signings will make remains to be seen. Still too early in the season to make any reasonable judgements, but on the evidence so far we are looking more like an actual team of footballers, rather than the herd of blindfolded donkeys were were for most of last season.

 

Due to the manager and his coaching staff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, OzzyPorter said:

Due to the manager and his coaching staff.

So we have made progress?

Not sure what your issue with the statement is then.

Obviously if we make more signings, it's only progress because of the new signings, so it doesn't count.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd agree with that as a minimum Duvel. Right now, what we're seeing isn't a manager who is blasting expectations out of the water, he just knows how to do the job. Those extra 10 points are more about Woodgate's ineptitude.

I'm still not changing my expectations of Warnock though, I still think we should be expecting him to push us into the promotion picture. Those extra 10 points, if you added them onto where we were last year (without accounting for who would lose points in the process) would still see us sitting bang in mid-table above or below Bristol City who finished 12th. You're looking at another 10 points minimum to have us in the play-offs assuming 6 teams don't just run away with it and I think he should be capable of that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In terms of coaching and structure, we are a lot better placed then we were last year, however financially like every club in the league we are a lot worse off financially due to the pandemic.

Nothing can be worse in terms of on the field performances like last year. Last year was the worst season ever in my 31years of supporting this football club and that wasnt just down to Woodgate. The fans have been horrible and divided for 5seasons now which has made the atmosphere toxic on matchday in the stadium, on the forums and phone ins. Gibson has to take responsibility for that because it's his actions and lack of clarity and support that has caused that to happen.

As a squad - it's good enough for mid table championship. I want to win every game but realistically our squad is poor and you just have to look at the bench to see that. If we get injuries to players it will define our season.

I would like to see more signings come through the door but again realistically because of the news regarding crowds I can only see free agents and loans now. We need CB ideally who could play LB, x1 winger/no10 and a 4th young back up striker. 

I don't think you can say if we have made progress or not as a club because there of the factors above that I have mentioned, but one thing for sure is we are in better hands this season under Warnock but ultimately we are going to be back to square one when he leaves at the season as I have no trust in Gibson to make the right appointment and footballing decisions of a modern day club.
 

Edited by diggerlad07
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

So we have made progress?

Not sure what your issue with the statement is then.

Obviously if we make more signings, it's only progress because of the new signings, so it doesn't count.

Warnock took charge of six games last season with last season's squad of players. 

From those six games we took 12 points.

Then during the summer he lost eleven first teamers and has only been allowed to recruit four as it stands.

With this season's squad we have taken 2 points from our opening three games. Even if we win our next three games we will still have taken less points than the six from last season.

If you call that real progress then you are part of the problem.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...