• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had to change my picture after looking through today's match gallery. I knew George would have to go at some point but never did I expect to see such a happy face in a Middlesbrough shirt for Marc Bol

If Akpom wasn't offside for the deflected shot and if he'd have put that one-on-one away from the mistake, that could have been one of the biggest *** house hat-tricks of all time.

We've been crying out for a dynamic formation for years... This reading is more exciting to me than SmogDane's browser history!

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Old Codger said:

Don't the gentlemen from the North say "Scoon"...sure I remember someone mentioning a "Stone of Destiny" that was used for their Coronations

Its a scon, always has been, always will be cut in half, butter, then back together

Wow, the Tykes don't have a lot of confidence in their team, do they? I mean, you'd think there would still be some early-season optimism at least.

They also clearly haven't been following our home form, or they might fancy their chances.

Anyway...

1) Will we win?

Dammit, I'm getting off the fence for this one. After the disappointment at failing to bag our first 3 points against QPR, I'm gonna stick my neck out and say we'll do it this weekend...finally ending the Riverside Curse. Prediction: Boro 1 - 0 Barnsley.

(Though we'll miss some sitters and it could have been 3-0).

2) Should Johnson start?Ā 

Depends what formation we play. If we go with wing-backs I'd prefer to see Coulson get a run out, or at the very least come on asĀ  a sub.

3) Is scone pronounced S-con or S-coneĀ 

Both. Posh people use the latter.

Ā 

12 hours ago, Old Codger said:

Don't the gentlemen from the North say "Scoon"...sure I remember someone mentioning a "Stone of Destiny" that was used for their Coronations

Yeah but you definitely wouldn't want to have that with your afternoon tea!

If I'm feeling posh I'll have mine with jam and a dollop of creme fraiche. Otherwise just a good amount of butter.

Don't think anything less than a win is acceptable here. 2 points from 3 when we've played Bournemouth and Watford isn't great but also not a complete disaster. 2 or 3 points from 4 when we've played qpr and Barnsley would be very poor though. These are the kind of games that should be bread and butter for a manager like warnock.Ā 

Don't think we'll keep a clean sheet again, going for 2-1 boro.Ā 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Don't think anything less than a win is acceptable here. 2 points from 3 when we've played Bournemouth and Watford isn't great but also not a complete disaster. 2 or 3 points from 4 when we've played qpr and Barnsley would be very poor though. These are the kind of games that should be bread and butter for a manager like warnock.Ā 

Don't think we'll keep a clean sheet again, going for 2-1 boro.Ā 

I think you make a very compelling point when you added NW into the equation and you are right,Ā these are games you expect him to eat for breakfast. Not winning these games says a lot more about the club then we would care to admit.Ā 

Iā€™m stating to frighten myself because I think itā€™s the first time in a very long time I have faith in our manager.Ā 
Ā 

In my eyes NW made one mistake and that is Britt as captain. For a player that misses so many chances I canā€™t see how heĀ can lead. A captain needs to have a lot of attributes and not necessarily the best player. He needs to be someone who can see whatā€™s happening so it should be someone central mid or back. A good mentor and leader. A good TALKER!Ā 

Ā 

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 2

:::: IMPORTANT UPDATE:::::

Due to the conflicting answers to the scon/scone debate I referred to the Cambridge Dictionary for clarification on the pronunciation (Iā€™m not even gonna open the can of worms that is the jam then cream or cream then jam minefield

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/amp/english/scone

Ā English- Skon

US - SconeĀ 

Another interesting fact is that in the USA they pronounce ā€˜Peaceā€™ ..... G.U.N.S Ā āœŒļøĀ 

Ā 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
10 minutes ago, Uwe said:

:::: IMPORTANT UPDATE:::::

Due to the conflicting answers to the scon/scone debate I referred to the Cambridge Dictionary for clarification on the pronunciation (Iā€™m not even gonna open the can of worms that is the jam then cream or cream then jam minefield

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/amp/english/scone

Ā English- Skon

US - SconeĀ 

Another interesting fact is that in the USA they pronounce ā€˜Peaceā€™ ..... G.U.N.S Ā āœŒļøĀ 

Ā 

Oh I get itĀ the old, Iā€™mĀ saying nothing because I donā€™t want to cause a argument, BUT this is what I think routine.Ā 

Iā€™ll have the Skon with jam then the creamĀ please..Ā 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

They obviously can't handle their oatcakes in Sconethorpe... šŸ˜

They are planning to start a film studio there....have lots of ideas for scripts

Scone with the Wind...Scone in 60 Seconds ..Scone GirlĀ  ..SconeheadsĀ  ...The Scone RangerĀ  Ā Scone flew over the Cuckoo's Nest, Scones of Anarchy..Ā  Star Wars : the Scone Wars , Tombscone...we could even hold a Eurovision Scone Contest....the possibilities are limitlessĀ Ā 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, Old Codger said:

They are planning to start a film studio there....have lots of ideas for scripts

Scone with the Wind...Scone in 60 Seconds ..Scone GirlĀ  ..SconeheadsĀ  ...The Scone RangerĀ  Ā Scone flew over the Cuckoo's Nest, Scones of Anarchy..Ā  Star Wars : the Scone Wars , Tombscone...we could even hold a Eurovision Scone Contest....the possibilities are limitlessĀ Ā 

Terrible GIF by memecandy

Too...many...puns...

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Terrible GIF by memecandy

Too...many...puns...

Sorry ...the tablets seem to have taken effect now......back to the basket weaving and the nice men in the white coats...think I'll watch a Ray Winscone filmĀ 

• Haha 1