• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had to change my picture after looking through today's match gallery. I knew George would have to go at some point but never did I expect to see such a happy face in a Middlesbrough shirt for Marc Bol

If Akpom wasn't offside for the deflected shot and if he'd have put that one-on-one away from the mistake, that could have been one of the biggest *** house hat-tricks of all time.

We've been crying out for a dynamic formation for years... This reading is more exciting to me than SmogDane's browser history!

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Refs been crap but hasn't got any major game changing decisions wrong, so I'd prefer to focus on our performance. 

We've been really poor going forward again, cant string more than 2 or 3 passes together. We've had by far the better chances from set pieces and from errors in Barnsleys defence and thankfully weve taken one of those opportunities. 

Barnsley are really poor - as sloppy as weve been, they don't look like troubling our defense at all despite some nice patterns of play. Weve looked solid defensively but I'm not sure how much of that is down to their attacking confidence being shot.

I get that you want to focus on us and that's fair enough but the ref has given two of our players yellow cards which few seem to agree with, we've got twice as many fouls in our stats from that first half when Barnsley have been about as combative as we have in our challenges.

Morsy's yellow card in particular, I didn't see anything in the first challenge and actually if you look back at the position the players were in when the free-kick was given, Morsy was just about to send one of our players free through on goal pretty much. Morsy, naturally, was quite upset that the opportunity to do that was taken away from him and how does he handle it? By booking him at the next opportunity in yet another relatively soft foul. One of our most competitve players getting an unjustified, relatively early yellow card absolutely does have an effect on the game.

Given the way it was going in that first half, I don't think anybody would have been shocked to see him blow for a penalty when that Barnsley player went down. Well, he clearly disagreed with the fact he threw himself down but then doesn't give him a card despite pulling him over to talk to him about it. Is that not worth questioning after the 2 he's given us?

On the flip side... GET IN CHUBA! 😀