oneBoro Forum

Boro v Barnsley 2-1 (Howson, Akpom)

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Cos it was offside.  The linesman didn’t flag at first cos he didn’t realise the ball hit Akpom. The ref did see it so he asked if Akpom was offside and he was so the goal was disallowed. 

We have no idea if it was offside, to be fair. Looked awful close from the terrible angle we've seen.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had to change my picture after looking through today's match gallery. I knew George would have to go at some point but never did I expect to see such a happy face in a Middlesbrough shirt for Marc Bol

If Akpom wasn't offside for the deflected shot and if he'd have put that one-on-one away from the mistake, that could have been one of the biggest *** house hat-tricks of all time.

We've been crying out for a dynamic formation for years... This reading is more exciting to me than SmogDane's browser history!

Posted Images

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Barnsley throw themselves to the ground, free kicks. Our players do it, nah get up and get on with it.

Don't advocate for it in any scenario but you can't have one rule for one team and another rule for the other. Rubbish.

Just thank *** he's not given that. He has to be booked for that dive.

Barnsley players foul our players and play carries on.  

WHAT THE ABSOLUTE ***???

Blatant dive by that Barnsley player...ref does nothing!!!

This ref is an absolute disgrace and deserves to be sent to the *** National League. 

Not fit to wear the shirt!

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

We have no idea if it was offside, to be fair. Looked awful close from the terrible angle we've seen.

I thought it was offside in real time, which is why I didn’t post anything on here in case it got disallowed. But it might not have been of course.

1 minute ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Why can we never keep hold of the ball from throwings? 

Yep drives me insane. Thowings in the final third can be a great way of creating a chance. One of the rare things I agree with Maddo.

4 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Why can we never keep hold of the ball from throwings? 

Because the Riverside is haunted by the ghost of Antonio Barragan. Every time a Boro player goes to throw the ball in, the ghost creeps up behind them and shouts "PULIS" to put them off.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

I thought it was offside in real time, which is why I didn’t post anything on here in case it got disallowed. But it might not have been of course.

Of course you did 🙂