oneBoro Forum
Uwe

Boro v Barnsley 2-1 (Howson, Akpom)

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

I must have missed that. Depends what kind of hand ball it was. I'm sure I heard they were gonna relax the handball rules this weekend though I don't know if that was the entire football league.

Bola had the ball down the left and he whipped a cross in. Britt nearly got on the end of it. But before that it deflected off the defender in between him and Bola and he used his arm.  It was down by his side but he moved towards the ball I’m sure of it.

Just now, LinoJo3 said:

I hope Bola can get a run in the team and gain some confidence. I really think he could ‘do a Dijksteel’ and become a favourite if he does. From what I remember watching him last season he was good on the ball and could go past a player, put some decent crosses in aswell. He just needs to impose himself more on games.

From what I remember of him last season, he was dreadful in the air, generally not an intelligent defensive player and not that good going forward either. Still, the lad is really young, I'd rather give him a chance when 'first-choice' left-back is not playing well at all. I'd generally prefer the one playing there to be Coulson but I'd rather Bola than Johnson right now for sure.

• Like 1

Just now, White Band said:

Barnsley players just tackled each other!

surprised the ref didn't give one of our players a yellow

• Haha 2

This might be Fry's best game of 2020 he's dealt with everything looks much sharper after he had another disrupted pre season.

• Like 1

Barnsley will go down if they keep playing out from the back like this under their new manager.

9 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

We've looked extremely comfortable at the back - im a little wary of getting carried away though because i think barnsleys confidence looks absolutely shot. They look like a team that haven't scored all season.

Our defence will have bigger tests than this, for sure. Quite like Bournemouth, our width is really not being tested.

Ouch, that should have been 2-1.

• Like 1

Yeeeeeeah, Coulson for 4 minutes, class! Come on Hayden, hat-trick needed to get your start in the next game, mate.

• Haha 1