Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Boro v Barnsley 2-1 (Howson, Akpom)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had to change my picture after looking through today's match gallery. I knew George would have to go at some point but never did I expect to see such a happy face in a Middlesbrough shirt for Marc Bol

If Akpom wasn't offside for the deflected shot and if he'd have put that one-on-one away from the mistake, that could have been one of the biggest *** house hat-tricks of all time.

We've been crying out for a dynamic formation for years... This reading is more exciting to me than SmogDane's browser history!

Posted Images

I agree we weren’t great yesterday especially the first half. But NW has the experience and ability to change things and/or motivate players at half time to get the result. And for this I’m happy 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Both goals came from the wing backs getting involved.

We also created plenty of chances.

But I do agree that we didn't play particularly well.

We did create but i can't think of any good chances that came outside of set pieces or individual errors from Barnsley? Could be wrong though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

We did create but i can't think of any good chances that came outside of set pieces or individual errors from Barnsley? Could be wrong though.

None off the top of my head either, but a chance is a chance however you create it.

We're finally threatening from set pieces again, which is good to see.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

None off the top of my head either, but a chance is a chance however you create it.

We're finally threatening from set pieces again, which is good to see.

True on both counts, but we won't be playing a team as poor as Barnsley every week and other teams will snuff out our set piece threat. We need to start regularly creating chances from open play. I honestly can't remember the last time we were able to do this, probably when we had adomah and ramirez in the side.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Uwe said:

I agree we weren’t great yesterday especially the first half. But NW has the experience and ability to change things and/or motivate players at half time to get the result. And for this I’m happy 

Just like Woodgate did last season against Barnsley 🙂

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

True on both counts, but we won't be playing a team as poor as Barnsley every week and other teams will snuff out our set piece threat. We need to start regularly creating chances from open play. I honestly can't remember the last time we were able to do this, probably when we had adomah and ramirez in the side.

Yep. We will face much better teams and that is a worry.

We still need to improve across the board...awareness, decision-making, passing, shooting and just generally working cohesively as a team.

Thats what makes me think we should be looking at a top-half finish this season, rather than top 6, as some are predicting. We are going to have some very tough games and probably be on the wrong end of some Liverpool / Man Utd type scorelines.

That said, I'm confident NW will make sure we have a decent season overall.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brunners said:

@Changing Times Watched the inside matchday and you were 100% correct on that handball shout; didn't catch it live but the original deflection on that cross is definitely off his hand.

Does this mean you won't make fun of my superb offside calls as well from now on? 🙂

Given how much everyone was moaning about the referee, I thought it was odd that nobody seemed annoyed about it, but I was sure it came of his hand/arm.  Didn't matter in the end though 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Does this mean you won't make fun of my superb offside calls as well from now on? 🙂

Given how much everyone was moaning about the referee, I thought it was odd that nobody seemed annoyed about it, but I was sure it came of his hand/arm.  Didn't matter in the end though 👍

It wasn't the offside call I was making fun of; to be fair.

As for nobody being annoyed about it; I don't think anyone really noticed. It was almost impossible to see on the original live angle and I don't remember whether we got a good replay. For me, because of how close it came on the second deflection to deflecting in, I hadn't even noticed the first deflection at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

It wasn't the offside call I was making fun of; to be fair.

As for nobody being annoyed about it; I don't think anyone really noticed. It was almost impossible to see on the original live angle and I don't remember whether we got a good replay. For me, because of how close it came on the second deflection to deflecting in, I hadn't even noticed the first deflection at all.

Yeah, I know it wasn't, it was me you were making fun of 😭

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Yep. We will face much better teams and that is a worry.

We still need to improve across the board...awareness, decision-making, passing, shooting and just generally working cohesively as a team.

Thats what makes me think we should be looking at a top-half finish this season, rather than top 6, as some are predicting. We are going to have some very tough games and probably be on the wrong end of some Liverpool / Man Utd type scorelines.

That said, I'm confident NW will make sure we have a decent season overall.

I have stated top half if we get NW the signings he asked for. If not I am saying mid bottom. 
We have improved, but let’s be fair we couldn’t really get any worse could we. Regardless with this or additional members we need time to gel and time we don’t have. If we decide to go forward with this current squad then possibly a average of 1.2 to 1.25 points per game. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, sanddancer said:

I have stated top half if we get NW the signings he asked for. If not I am saying mid bottom. 
We have improved, but let’s be fair we couldn’t really get any worse could we. Regardless with this or additional members we need time to gel and time we don’t have. If we decide to go forward with this current squad then possibly a average of 1.2 to 1.25 points per game. 

That's the worst part of the bottom to be in!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...