• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had to change my picture after looking through today's match gallery. I knew George would have to go at some point but never did I expect to see such a happy face in a Middlesbrough shirt for Marc Bol

If Akpom wasn't offside for the deflected shot and if he'd have put that one-on-one away from the mistake, that could have been one of the biggest *** house hat-tricks of all time.

We've been crying out for a dynamic formation for years... This reading is more exciting to me than SmogDane's browser history!

Posted Images

1 hour ago, sanddancer said:

I think the difference is belief where not long ago there was none, but now it's just feels like a matter of time to kick start.  I don't believe I am saying this but I think NW is making his mark. If we can win this, hell there is no telling the strength in unity it might form.   

Its the difference between having an experienced and proven manager in charge, plus the fact he's slowly but surely assembling the kind of squad he wants. Still a long way from the finished article, but we seem to be getting there.

Heck, if we can do more business in January, we might even see the top 6 finish some are predicting (though personally I'd be happy with a top half / top 10 placing).

8 minutes ago, TheJew said:

We made them look like Barca in the cup

There was the period during the first 20 minutes where we looked okay down our left hand side and they were getting lucky in the pass, we nearly caught them out once or twice on the press but they kept playing the same way despite that and when they scored, the whole thing changed. That's when it went Barca v Darlo. They just looked so much more assured in what they were doing despite it still being the risky 'beat the press' style. Our press just looked ineffective and they were spreading it round like it was nobody's business, especially at the back.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

There was the period during the first 20 minutes where we looked okay down our left hand side and they were getting lucky in the pass, we nearly caught them out once or twice on the press but they kept playing the same way despite that and when they scored, the whole thing changed. That's when it went Barca v Darlo. They just looked so much more assured in what they were doing despite it still being the risky 'beat the press' style. Our press just looked ineffective and they were spreading it round like it was nobody's business, especially at the back.

Agree with this, first 10/15 minutes we started off okay. 

As soon as they took the lead, Barnsley dominated from there on.