• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had to change my picture after looking through today's match gallery. I knew George would have to go at some point but never did I expect to see such a happy face in a Middlesbrough shirt for Marc Bol

If Akpom wasn't offside for the deflected shot and if he'd have put that one-on-one away from the mistake, that could have been one of the biggest *** house hat-tricks of all time.

We've been crying out for a dynamic formation for years... This reading is more exciting to me than SmogDane's browser history!

Posted Images

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Because he's rubbish? 😄

Well yes I agree he is but I’m not sure Warnock agrees he is as a wing back. 

let’s see how we line up. Maybe 4-3-1-2 is more balanced than 4-3-3. I’d be amazed if it’s 3 at the back. 

Excited to see us line-up in the 4-3-3, really hope Bola does well, partly as I don't really rate Johnson at leftback but also do think Bola has something to offer us longer term.

Think having Dijksteel and Bola as the fullbacks (sitting a bit deeper than wing-backs) will help nullify their threats out wide. The cup game against them and the QPR game, there was loads of spaces behind our wing-backs for the opposition to exploit. 

If we can keep hold of possession better, i.e. not launch it long and bypassing midfield, ultimately handing possession back to them,  we'll do ok.

1 minute ago, sackrobson2 said:

Well yes I agree he is but I’m not sure Warnock agrees he is as a wing back. 

let’s see how we line up. Maybe 4-3-1-2 is more balanced than 4-3-3. I’d be amazed if it’s 3 at the back. 

Oh I would too mate, but then I would also drop Johnson in a 3 at the back formation. 😀

Just now, BoroJake said:

Could it not be a 4-3-1-2 with tav behind the two strikers?

It could be but that would be completely destroying our width. We'd be really relying on Morsy to sit and only sit to get the most out of the full-backs.

I'm wondering if it is just 4-2-1-3/4-2-3-1 and he's done it because he wants 3-4 players more available for the press up top and will just be wanting/needling less from his full-backs.

3 minutes ago, AWB said:

I think it looks like 3-5-2 with potentially McNair RWB rather than Howson?

I really hope not, I don't think McNair has ever had a good game for us when he's played out wide/as a full-back.