• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All this was entirely predictable back in 1992 when the concept of the Premier League started. They "broke" away from the EFL and formed an elite division along with the FA. Since then the Premiership

Nothing more than an attempted power grab by the top 6. If it goes through it will kill my interest in football entirely.

Posted Images

Just why should a few billionaires be allowed to control our game. This is the inevitable consequence of the formation of the Premier League. Unless it is stopped now, we will see a US style franchise system within a few years whereby there will be no promotion and relegation, and clubs like ourselves effectively frozen out of top class football.

9 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

The scheme is being vaunted as a way to lessen the financial gap between the top flight and the championship, I think EFL clubs will vote for it out of desperation. 

Including Steve Gibson who is 100% behind the scheme according to reports

29 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Very disappointed with Gibson for backing this.

He’s probably had enough of ploughing millions into the club every season.

I don’t blame him to be honest, this way the club gets a lot more money from the Premier league. We are never going to break into the top 6 of the prem, so the new deal can only affect us in a positive way.

• Like 2