oneBoro Forum
Sign in to follow this  
estonpidge

League Restructure

Nothing more than an attempted power grab by the top 6. If it goes through it will kill my interest in football entirely.

• Like 6

Shameful power grab. That rodent Rick Parry backing it aswell. Can't imagine why💷💷💷

• Like 1

Just why should a few billionaires be allowed to control our game. This is the inevitable consequence of the formation of the Premier League. Unless it is stopped now, we will see a US style franchise system within a few years whereby there will be no promotion and relegation, and clubs like ourselves effectively frozen out of top class football.

Dangerous to every club apart from the top 6 in my opinion. I think the PL may as well have come out and said they were scraping Promotion and Relegation, which I think is their ultimate aim.

The scheme is being vaunted as a way to lessen the financial gap between the top flight and the championship, I think EFL clubs will vote for it out of desperation. 

Just now, estonpidge said:

for the other 14 premiership clubs it would be like the turkeys voting for Christmas

You could argue that most turkeys wouldn’t exist if it wasn’t for Christmas 😃

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

The scheme is being vaunted as a way to lessen the financial gap between the top flight and the championship, I think EFL clubs will vote for it out of desperation. 

Including Steve Gibson who is 100% behind the scheme according to reports

But with all the 'power' resting with the sides in the current top 6 I can't imagine it being anything other than self serving.

I believe the Leagues need reform and the wealth a little more widely distributed, but who's to say they won't just renege on the agreement once they get the first opportunity.

29 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Very disappointed with Gibson for backing this.

He’s probably had enough of ploughing millions into the club every season.

I don’t blame him to be honest, this way the club gets a lot more money from the Premier league. We are never going to break into the top 6 of the prem, so the new deal can only affect us in a positive way.

• Like 2