oneBoro Forum

Boro v Reading 0-0

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Against a team that finished three points ahead of us last season, have a brand new manager, and didn't exactly spend a fortune in the summer.  Maybe we should have a bit more ambition?

okay cool just ignore the incredible form they've started in, that's no problem.

• Like 3
  • Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can you show me the quote by these ‘some one here’ saying they expect us to play like city or Barca please I’m interested to read it! In all honesty I’m tired of these arguments, I’m tired of see

Sorry for the short but sweet MDT but am still working    So the mighty Boro fresh from the first victory  of the season they take on the in form team with 4 wins out of 4 and only conceded

The club finished 4th, 2nd, 5th and 7th before last season in this division. Then we put a rookie in charge and we nearly get relegated, experienced manager in charge and we turn it around and win 50%

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

Nothing game. Fair result. They had a little bit more quality in the attacking third but Betenelli rarely bothered apart from a good stop first half. Back four solid - personally I like the midfield three the way it is too. Same old problem though in terms of cutting edge. Hopefully the introduction of Roberts will improve things there. Still think we look nailed on for 10th - 16th.

Do you think that the first part of that relates to the second part of that?

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

If we played like that under Pulis then no bugger would be searching for the positives.  It was right out of his playbook and people are happy with it now. 

Yep. I am anyway. I thought it was wonderful to watch

We didn't have an isolated forward chasing long balls all game. It was scrappy and we did our better work defending our own goal than going forward but we weren't camped in our half for 90 minutes the way we were sometimes under Pulis. It's not like it's a million miles away from Pulis but it's not as bad as that, IMO. If it gets us up, fair enough. If it doesn't, here's to another wasted season and another summer rebuild.

Though I'm happy enough with the point, I do think people have been paying Reading too much respect on the basis of 4 games.

They're a team that have been in a relegation fight for the last 3 seasons. 

I don't think they'll be anything above mid table by the end of the season.

• Like 2

Reading are full of confidence. That's obvious. We stopped them playing. We had chances to win the game. We actually scored a goal too don't forget. 

We are 100% better than last season. Roberts will make us even better. Our defence looked super today I thought. Morsy removes the need for any other defensive midfielder. We are turning this thing round.

One game at a time. Keep picking points up and getting better bit by bit.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

We didn't have an isolated forward chasing long balls all game. It was scrappy and we did our better work defending our own goal than going forward but we weren't camped in our half for 90 minutes the way we were sometimes under Pulis. It's not like it's a million miles away from Pulis but it's not as bad as that, IMO. If it gets us up, fair enough. If it doesn't, here's to another wasted season and another summer rebuild.

No, we had two forwards chasing them, and doing next to nothing.  It was scrappy, as is every game we play these days.  We did our only good work defending, which is exactly how it was under Pulis.

20 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

We weren't far off getting relegated last season and 10 months of players been coached by dumb and dumber (proven by small improvements with players that were here last season since they departed), if Warnock gets us mid table surviving comfortably at the end of this season. Surely next season we become automatically more attractive to any transfer who is looking at us and Gibson because of the better league position has more money to give? if that is the case instead of rebuild id give Warnock another go see if he can turn midtable into challenging at the top of the championship.....it wasn't instant success for Karanka either and he had a solid Mowbray squad to start with alot more than Warnock had to start with. 

• Like 4
47 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Do you think that the first part of that relates to the second part of that?

Do you mean my point? Or are you asking if I think our lack of cutting edge is related to the solidity of our back 7? If it’s the latter then yes I do.

5 minutes ago, thomas said:

We weren't far off getting relegated last season and 10 months of players been coached by dumb and dumber (proven by small improvements with players that were here last season since they departed), if Warnock gets us mid table surviving comfortably at the end of this season. Surely next season we become automatically more attractive to any transfer who is looking at us and Gibson because of the better league position has more money to give? if that is the case instead of rebuild id give Warnock another go see if he can turn midtable into challenging at the top of the championship.....it wasn't instant success for Karanka either and he had a solid Mowbray squad to start with alot more than Warnock had to start with. 

Then why is Warnock the manager right now at all? He's only got a year's contract here then by all accounts he's off again. Don't get me wrong, if this was a long term job then that's what it is, you expect a long term contract and a manager given time to build their squad. Except that's not what's happening here. It's another desperate attempt at promotion without the planning.

He's a manager with promotion credentials coming in to take us up and that's that. If he doesn't, it's a failure for Warnock, it's a failure by the club for delaying the necessary for another year so they can have another little vanity project with a fella Gibson likes. If we want to take our time and build something then why waste this season in doing that. When the next manager comes in next season, it's gonna be a rebuild and a reformation again when we could be one year down the line with a longer term thing instead.