• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can you show me the quote by these ‘some one here’ saying they expect us to play like city or Barca please I’m interested to read it! In all honesty I’m tired of these arguments, I’m tired of see

Sorry for the short but sweet MDT but am still working    So the mighty Boro fresh from the first victory  of the season they take on the in form team with 4 wins out of 4 and only conceded

The club finished 4th, 2nd, 5th and 7th before last season in this division. Then we put a rookie in charge and we nearly get relegated, experienced manager in charge and we turn it around and win 50%

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

Thats what we tried last year under woodgate. I think we would have been beat today if we opened up more.

We tried it for the first two games and then stopped.   It's the same old *** from the same old people on here sadly.  Had it under Pulis, had it last season under Woodgate and now it's here again under Warnock.  We are the only football club in the world who can't possibly attempt to play any football without guaranteed disaster befalling us.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

Thats ok if the players are creative enough in possession. Ours aren’t really. 

And the club have had 12 weeks to sort the lack of creativity. 

Personally I do actually think we have a few players who could be very creative for us.

2 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

This is the clubs fault thought and why was a meltdown why hasn't Gibson built the squad to win promotion this season! Lack of ambition

I suppose this depends on your outlook. I’ve never been one for the blame game but certainly mistakes have been made. I think we are being as ambitious As we can be with the limited resources we have.  Once we lose the wages of Britt, Howson and Fletcher, hopefully we can bring in more effective players in several positions where we are lacking, Covid willing.

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

We tried it for the first two games and then stopped.   It's the same old *** from the same old people on here sadly.  Had it under Pulis, had it last season under Woodgate and now it's here again under Warnock.  We are the only football club in the world who can't possibly attempt to play any football without guaranteed disaster befalling us.

We tried it until lockdown under Woodgate, which is why we were in the relegation zone.

• Confused 1
1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I hold Gibson responsible for appointing Woodgate, I thank God for the appointment of Warnock.

When we are in the same predicament that Woodgate brought us to then complain but until then give Warnock the opportunity to repeat what he has done many times before, in fact more times than any other current Championship manager.

Based on where we are and what we have to work with I don't believe there is anyone better available who would be willing to undertake the task. His after match talk tonight was that we may not even be in a position to bring in any free's!

No, I'll continue to hold him responsible for the things he's responsible for, if it's all the same to you.

We started last season with 5 points, we've started this one with 6 points.  We are in the same predicament that Woodgate brought us to currently, and we are playing football that is arguably even worse into the bargain.  Woodgate was a novice, Warnock isn't, so I'm not going to give him the same free pass that you seem to be giving him.  The football is crap, the results aren't particularly good, so until they are I will be critical of him.  And yes, I'll definitely be critical of Gibson as well for a number of things.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

We just need wins man draws costing us in the league tables all ready same as last year. As on the base of today Reading are 2nd do they have a better squad than us no! But they were proactive tried to get a winner with their subsitions. While we went for park the bus didn't bring on Robert's 

Mate, Brentford were in the bottom 6 after 10 games last season.

1 minute ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

But yet the game still ended 0-0.

Not sure what you are trying to get at?

I’m not getting at you I just don’t get the negativity on the forum. They had one shot and that is part down to BORO doing there job. I stated we are only 5 games in with a limited squad but 3 points off the play offs. If we are in the same position in another 10 games I’ll join the critics. 

3 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

We tried it until lockdown under Woodgate, which is why we were in the relegation zone.

But we quite clearly didn't so either you didn't watch us last season or you're now making things up to try and make a point?  Nobody can seriously think that what we did last season was an attempt at open football?  Woodgate even said early on in the season that we had to try and grind results out - that was after the Blackburn game I believe, the third game of the season.  It was that game where we changed our approach that we'd had in the previous two games at Luton and at home against Brentford.  We never went back to it and we never tried any kind of open expansive football after that.

1 minute ago, TAPOUT said:

Indeed we did and I also seem to recall we tried it under Robson and then Venables had to be brought in to tighten us up and make us harder to beat.

We did then go all out under McClaren and spent the equivalent of the GDP of some small countries which brought success and with it the wages of a squad of ageing, no resale value footballers which was the start of the decline.

Oh and then we tried to give it a go again under Monk. that worked out well.

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

But we quite clearly didn't so either you didn't watch us last season or you're now making things up to try and make a point?  Nobody can seriously think that what we did last season was an attempt at open football?  Woodgate even said early on in the season that we had to try and grind results out - that was after the Blackburn game I believe, the third game of the season.  It was that game where we changed our approach that we'd had in the previous two games at Luton and at home against Brentford.  We never went back to it and we never tried any kind of open expansive football after that.

I did watch us and why would I try to make a point up on a football forum. Woodgate also said the table was a lie. Was that right?

• Confused 1
Just now, TAPOUT said:

I did watch us and why would I try to make a point up on a football forum. Woodgate also said the table was a lie. Was that right?

You didn't watch us if you believe that what you were seeing was an attempt at expansive football until the lockdown because it simply didn't happen.  I don't know what Woodgate's thoughts on the table have to do with anything?  I think his thoughts on what our approach was is relevant to what our approach was though, at least a little bit wouldn't you say?  Not to mention actually watching the games and seeing a team that clearly was making no attempt at all to play attacking football.

12 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

No, I'll continue to hold him responsible for the things he's responsible for, if it's all the same to you.

We started last season with 5 points, we've started this one with 6 points.  We are in the same predicament that Woodgate brought us to currently, and we are playing football that is arguably even worse into the bargain.  Woodgate was a novice, Warnock isn't, so I'm not going to give him the same free pass that you seem to be giving him.  The football is crap, the results aren't particularly good, so until they are I will be critical of him.  And yes, I'll definitely be critical of Gibson as well for a number of things.

Apples with apples,

I don't remember us starting with two relegated Premiership sides and the unbeaten top of the table side in the first 5 games last season.

• Like 1