oneBoro Forum

Boro v Reading 0-0

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

No.  I think we played poorly today and I think we've been largely poor this season.  That's where I'm coming from.

I think we’ve been pretty solid, if not spectacular, and have something to build upon.

• Like 1
  • Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can you show me the quote by these ‘some one here’ saying they expect us to play like city or Barca please I’m interested to read it! In all honesty I’m tired of these arguments, I’m tired of see

Sorry for the short but sweet MDT but am still working    So the mighty Boro fresh from the first victory  of the season they take on the in form team with 4 wins out of 4 and only conceded

The club finished 4th, 2nd, 5th and 7th before last season in this division. Then we put a rookie in charge and we nearly get relegated, experienced manager in charge and we turn it around and win 50%

Posted Images

Just now, CrazyL said:

I think we’ve been pretty solid, if not spectacular, and have something to build upon.

That's alright, I didn't say you had to think the same as me!

Just out of interest, what did you think at this time last season?

8 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I'm more worried about what's gong to happen on here when we play Bristol away next week, win, lose or draw. 😧

Trust me. If we play exactly the same as we did today but sneak a late winner Warnock will be a genius.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

That's alright, I didn't say you had to think the same as me!

Just out of interest, what did you think at this time last season?

I thought we were in real trouble because the manager had no clue and there wasn’t even the semblance of a system or game plan. 

• Like 2

At the start of the 2019-20 season a Championship manager lasted 374 days, which is the equivalent of 1 year, 1 week and 2 days.

Compared with the 2009-10 Championship campaign of ten years ago, and they lasted on average 561 days, which equates to 1 year, 6 months, 1 week and 6 days. That is just 6 months longer than now.

Championship Managers rarely last more than a year so Warnock's contract fits in with the norm. If it doesn't work out then it won't cost the club a small fortune to remove yet another manager. If it does work out then the problem will be to persuade him to extend his stay.

I feel like I've watched a different game to most of you on here.  We had chances.  We even had the ball in the back of the net and there was another that only just got cleared off the line.  We weren't playing Pulisball and their keeper was busier than ours.  I enjoyed the game.

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

At the start of the 2019-20 season a Championship manager lasted 374 days, which is the equivalent of 1 year, 1 week and 2 days.

Compared with the 2009-10 Championship campaign of ten years ago, and they lasted on average 561 days, which equates to 1 year, 6 months, 1 week and 6 days. That is just 6 months longer than now.

Championship Managers rarely last more than a year so Warnock's contract fits in with the norm. If it doesn't work out then it won't cost the club a small fortune to remove yet another manager. If it does work out then the problem will be to persuade him to extend his stay.

If covid becomes manageable and the club can back him sensibly I think he will stay another year at least. We lack creativity and pace in the necessary areas, but if that is addressed I am sure he will want to stay. He said himself the lack of goals is embarrassing, so he knows what is lacking. However without the right mix of players it ain't gonna change. 

• Like 1

I actually think we did quite well... the issue early on was our strikers having to track full backs and having our shape pushed to a 5-4-1, which didn’t suit our play. We switched it up and got a few chances, but neither team really had anything clear cut.

weve now played 2 recently relegated sides and a team that was unbeaten to start the season. We have another unbeaten side mid week and I’d take the draw then as well. After that we need to start winning games. No need to get too *** off just yet.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Spence is not a winger!!!

He's not a defender either.

The only positives people have ever mentioned about him are related to the attacking side of the game.

Dijksteel is the man.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, White Band said:

I feel like I've watched a different game to most of you on here.  We had chances.  We even had the ball in the back of the net and there was another that only just got cleared off the line.  We weren't playing Pulisball and their keeper was busier than ours.  I enjoyed the game.

Whilst I wouldn't say I enjoyed it I must admit I am starting to be quite relaxed when watching us. We look solid. I am pleased that Warnock is trying different formations and is willing to drop players in an effort for us to be more potent. I would definitely accept a performance like today v Bristol City. 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, White Band said:

Exactly. Well said @White Band Some on here expect us to play like Man City or Barcelona but are happy to forget that both have surpassed 1 Billion in player incomings in the last few years.

• Like 2
Just now, Blanco said:

Exactly. Well said @White Band Some on here expect us to play like Man City or Barcelona but are happy to forget that both have surpassed 1 Billion in player incomings in the last few years.

I want us to play like Bielsa Leeds do that's achievable with the budget 

3 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Just trying to win every game would be enough for me. Expressing ourselves, not making our number one priority to be to stiffle the opponent and make the match a scrap. Its really not asking  much and more teams on our kind of budget over the years manage it than not.

1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

I want us to play like Bielsa Leeds do that's achievable with the budget 

Why play like someone else? Why not impose our play on others? Why don’t you just go and support Leeds? I support the Boro no matter how we play and today we played well. Better than Reading as far as goal chances were concerned. Why not take that in to account?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Blanco said:

Why play like someone else? Why not impose our play on others? Why don’t you just go and support Leeds? I support the Boro no matter how we play and today we played well. Better than Reading as far as goal chances were concerned. Why not take that in to account?

Thats exactly what we've not been doing! Even looking at our two subs today, they were to counter where the other team were looking dangerous rather than to try to cause them problems. We were happy to take a draw at home to a team that struggled almost as much as we did in the season that just finished 2 months ago. It says it all about our ambition on the field.