oneBoro Forum

Boro v Reading 0-0

6 minutes ago, Blanco said:

And their keeper tipped two over the bar in the first half?

They were both deflected crosses as far as I remember? 

And opta only counts shots that go in or are saved by a keeper as a shot on target - dumb but still

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can you show me the quote by these ‘some one here’ saying they expect us to play like city or Barca please I’m interested to read it! In all honesty I’m tired of these arguments, I’m tired of see

Sorry for the short but sweet MDT but am still working    So the mighty Boro fresh from the first victory  of the season they take on the in form team with 4 wins out of 4 and only conceded

The club finished 4th, 2nd, 5th and 7th before last season in this division. Then we put a rookie in charge and we nearly get relegated, experienced manager in charge and we turn it around and win 50%

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

And opta only counts shots that go in or are saved by a keeper as a shot on target - dumb but still

So does that mean that if a shot that was going to beat the keeper on one side gets deflected to his other side, that the first attempt wasn't on target, even if it was ...   (See Windass goal in 0-3 victory against "Invincible" Arsenal 2001)

11 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

You’re a fierce harsh man @Neverbefore 

43 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

So does that mean that if a shot that was going to beat the keeper on one side gets deflected to his other side, that the first attempt wasn't on target, even if it was ...   (See Windass goal in 0-3 victory against "Invincible" Arsenal 2001)

I think the official line is if the original attempt is heading in then it counts as on target. If it’s heading off target and deflected in then it’s not a shot on target.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

That’s really daft. I think Morsys half volley was probs on target too but that was blocked by a defender so 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 hours ago, Blanco said:

What makes you think it’s an unknown successor?

Watching this team for the past few years? Do you think we have any idea who the next manager will be yet? Do you even think we'll have a shortlist of potential candidates? I don't. Unless it's gonna be another Woodgate style signing. Maybe we decided against signing Bolasie because we want to bring Downing back and want Warnock to mould him into a quality manager the way Pulis did with Woodgate. 😬

6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Watching this team for the past few years? Do you think we have any idea who the next manager will be yet? Do you even think we'll have a shortlist of potential candidates? I don't. Unless it's gonna be another Woodgate style signing. Maybe we decided against signing Bolasie because we want to bring Downing back and want Warnock to mould him into a quality manager the way Pulis did with Woodgate. 😬

You are way out of sync mate...... Woodgate is still here....... any pennies dropping?

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Blanco said:

You are way out of sync mate...... Woodgate is still here....... any pennies dropping?

Wait, you actually think Woodgate is next in line? Or are you joking? I genuinely don't know. I don't think even Gibson is stupid enough to give Woodgate the job back but I wouldn't be altogether shocked if he sunk to a new low. 

not only that but Pulis is still not back in the saddle....can just see him as DoF. saying to Woody " I've got you the five central midfielders and the four 6 foot 8 defenders and Nuhiu is coming as target man, now get in there and show them what football is really about"

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

Wait, you actually think Woodgate is next in line? Or are you joking? I genuinely don't know. I don't think even Gibson is stupid enough to give Woodgate the job back but I wouldn't be altogether shocked if he sunk to a new low. 

95% of me thinks not a chance. 5% of me sees warnock retiring leaving 2 experienced coaches needing somewhere to work. A lot of people said woodgate needed some one experience behind him...

10 hours ago, Blanco said:

Yeah it'll be Woodgate next, we'll get a press conference telling us all about how Woodgate has spent his time off learning the path to enlightenment from buddhist monks in Nepal. 

This board will be awash with excitement about the new balding Woody, his new calm and thoughtful persona will convince everyone that he's a changed man and comparisons will be made with Wenger in the Gazette. 

Unfortunately Woodgate will be sacked after 30 games with us not winning a game and George Saville strangely playing a number of games in goal. Sam Allardyce will come in for the last 10 games and keep us up on goal difference. 

They'll be talk the following season about Woodgate coming back for a 3rd spell with Allardyce as director of football.  

• Haha 2