Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Uwe

Boro v Reading 0-0

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Blanco said:

And their keeper tipped two over the bar in the first half?

They were both deflected crosses as far as I remember? 

And opta only counts shots that go in or are saved by a keeper as a shot on target - dumb but still

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

They were both deflected crosses as far as I remember? 

And opta only counts shots that go in or are saved by a keeper as a shot on target - dumb but still

So does that mean that if a shot that was going to beat the keeper on one side gets deflected to his other side, that the first attempt wasn't on target, even if it was ...   (See Windass goal in 0-3 victory against "Invincible" Arsenal 2001)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

They were both deflected crosses as far as I remember? 

And opta only counts shots that go in or are saved by a keeper as a shot on target - dumb but still

You’re a fierce harsh man @Neverbefore 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

So does that mean that if a shot that was going to beat the keeper on one side gets deflected to his other side, that the first attempt wasn't on target, even if it was ...   (See Windass goal in 0-3 victory against "Invincible" Arsenal 2001)

I think the official line is if the original attempt is heading in then it counts as on target. If it’s heading off target and deflected in then it’s not a shot on target.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

They were both deflected crosses as far as I remember? 

And opta only counts shots that go in or are saved by a keeper as a shot on target - dumb but still

That’s really daft. I think Morsys half volley was probs on target too but that was blocked by a defender so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blanco said:

What makes you think it’s an unknown successor?

Watching this team for the past few years? Do you think we have any idea who the next manager will be yet? Do you even think we'll have a shortlist of potential candidates? I don't. Unless it's gonna be another Woodgate style signing. Maybe we decided against signing Bolasie because we want to bring Downing back and want Warnock to mould him into a quality manager the way Pulis did with Woodgate. 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Watching this team for the past few years? Do you think we have any idea who the next manager will be yet? Do you even think we'll have a shortlist of potential candidates? I don't. Unless it's gonna be another Woodgate style signing. Maybe we decided against signing Bolasie because we want to bring Downing back and want Warnock to mould him into a quality manager the way Pulis did with Woodgate. 😬

You are way out of sync mate...... Woodgate is still here....... any pennies dropping?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Blanco said:

You are way out of sync mate...... Woodgate is still here....... any pennies dropping?

🙄🤦‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Blanco said:

You are way out of sync mate...... Woodgate is still here....... any pennies dropping?

Wait, you actually think Woodgate is next in line? Or are you joking? I genuinely don't know. I don't think even Gibson is stupid enough to give Woodgate the job back but I wouldn't be altogether shocked if he sunk to a new low. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not only that but Pulis is still not back in the saddle....can just see him as DoF. saying to Woody " I've got you the five central midfielders and the four 6 foot 8 defenders and Nuhiu is coming as target man, now get in there and show them what football is really about"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what the odds are for George friend being our next manager😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Deliberately obtuse then.  How about that?

Yep we are both guilty of that with our selective quotes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

Wait, you actually think Woodgate is next in line? Or are you joking? I genuinely don't know. I don't think even Gibson is stupid enough to give Woodgate the job back but I wouldn't be altogether shocked if he sunk to a new low. 

95% of me thinks not a chance. 5% of me sees warnock retiring leaving 2 experienced coaches needing somewhere to work. A lot of people said woodgate needed some one experience behind him...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Blanco said:

You are way out of sync mate...... Woodgate is still here....... any pennies dropping?

Yeah it'll be Woodgate next, we'll get a press conference telling us all about how Woodgate has spent his time off learning the path to enlightenment from buddhist monks in Nepal. 

This board will be awash with excitement about the new balding Woody, his new calm and thoughtful persona will convince everyone that he's a changed man and comparisons will be made with Wenger in the Gazette. 

Unfortunately Woodgate will be sacked after 30 games with us not winning a game and George Saville strangely playing a number of games in goal. Sam Allardyce will come in for the last 10 games and keep us up on goal difference. 

They'll be talk the following season about Woodgate coming back for a 3rd spell with Allardyce as director of football.  

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...