oneBoro Forum

Next gen consoles

On 1/13/2022 at 11:52 AM, Youngy228 said:

Anyone playing anything good?  Got a ps5 on launch and picked up a series x last month for £30 a month on my phone bill.

I did Ghost of Tsushima over Christmas (it's basically Red Dead meets Dynasty Warriors) visually one of the best looking games I've played. Long story too which isnt always the case these days!

• Like 1
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few months in, how are people finding the new consoles? I'm loving my ps5. The biggest improvement has definitely been load times. To be able to go from ps5 off to swinging around New York in Spi

Looking forward to dying light 2 next month personally

Man steam sales are my kryptonite. Oh that's a good deal I'll pick that up, will play that eventually... Knowing full well I'll never play it. My steam is absolutely full of games I've bought and

On 1/13/2022 at 11:52 AM, Youngy228 said:

Anyone playing anything good?  Got a ps5 on launch and picked up a series x last month for £30 a month on my phone bill.

I'm all PS5 pretty much. Still feels like we're waiting for the big, big games to come though. I work in games, often working on ports from one thing to another, and places are still focusing on the previous generation of consoles because of the hardware availability situation around this now current generation.

Anyway! I played through Judgement in November and that was fun. Never played a Yakuza game before and it was a nice entry into that kind of game. There's so much to do in it! I'm looking forward to playing the sequel Lost Judgement soon but I definitely needed a break from it afterwards.

I just replayed Spider-Man and Miles Morales on the PS5 and finished Guardians of the Galaxy last week. I love the Spider-Man games and Guardians was fun for large portions of it, if not a bit repetitive by the end.

I'm moving onto Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One now but I tend to play Snooker '19 when I'm wanting to chill a bit.

• Like 1

On PS5 I play a lot of Hunt Showdown with a couple of mates.  

Just picked up Cricket 22 to waste a bit of time on.  Always like a bit of sport to kill some time - 2K21 golf was something I played for a bit.  Have a few games I've not started yet - Ghost of Tsushima, Resident Evil, Demon Souls.  

On Xbox I haven't really played anything yet.  Will be stuff on gamepass when I do.

1 minute ago, Youngy228 said:

Just picked up Cricket 22 to waste a bit of time on.  Always like a bit of sport to kill some time - 2K21 golf was something I played for a bit.  Have a few games I've not started yet - Ghost of Tsushima, Resident Evil, Demon Souls.  

On Xbox I haven't really played anything yet.  Will be stuff on gamepass when I do.

Tell you what I played on PC Game Pass last weekend: The Forgotten City. Not sure if it's on Xbox Game Pass but I loved it.

A bunch of former Skyrim modders made a game with some really great characters and storytelling, something to really throw yourself into for a day or two.

I'd advise anyone going into playing it to not look too much into it as the story is something best savoured just playing and some parts of it are easily spoiled but if any kind of mythology tickles your fancy, this is right up your street.

Another dialogue driven game I played last year was Disco Elysium. It's a big investment but a real thinker!

12 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

What's Cricket 22 like? I had Cricket 19 on the Switch which maybe feels like a better console to play it on? The performance in The Ashes has also waned my interest in buying it!

Just do Ghost of Tsushima and thank me in a month!

11 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Tell you what I played on PC Game Pass last weekend: The Forgotten City. Not sure if it's on Xbox Game Pass but I loved it.

A bunch of former Skyrim modders made a game with some really great characters and storytelling, something to really throw yourself into for a day or two.

I'd advise anyone going into playing it to not look too much into it as the story is something best savoured just playing and some parts of it are easily spoiled but if any kind of mythology tickles your fancy, this is right up your street.

Another dialogue driven game I played last year was Disco Elysium. It's a big investment but a real thinker!

Pretty sure forgotten city is on it.  Will give it a look.  I dabble in all genres to be honest.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

What's Cricket 22 like? I had Cricket 19 on the Switch which maybe feels like a better console to play it on? The performance in The Ashes has also waned my interest in buying it!

Just do Ghost of Tsushima and thank me in a month!

Cricket 22 is definitely better.  I find the difficulty levels a bit strange.  I can bat on the legendary level when concentrating hard but I can't seem to take wickets bowling on any of the levels - the computer just smash me around!  They've enhance career mode which is better but still way off where I'd like it.

I will give Ghost of Tsushima a go.  Think the upgrade to ps5 is quite reasonably priced too.