oneBoro Forum

Next gen consoles

These have really snuck up on us considering the lack of build etc, but with my preorder for ps5 in im starting to get really excited with all the tidbits that are coming out.

Anyone else getting one and what are you most looking forward to playing and about the new gen in general?

• Like 1
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few months in, how are people finding the new consoles? I'm loving my ps5. The biggest improvement has definitely been load times. To be able to go from ps5 off to swinging around New York in Spi

Looking forward to dying light 2 next month personally

Man steam sales are my kryptonite. Oh that's a good deal I'll pick that up, will play that eventually... Knowing full well I'll never play it. My steam is absolutely full of games I've bought and

Missed the preorder but I'm getting the Series X. Didnt get one of the mid-gen upgrades so I've been rocking the original Xbox One for over half a decade now. Definitely looking forward to it. Think COVID has definitely taken a toll on a lot of day one releases, but thankfully between Game Pass and Backwards Compat I should have enough to keep me going until the games start getting released more often

On 10/15/2020 at 6:59 PM, Neverbefore said:

These have really snuck up on us considering the lack of build etc, but with my preorder for ps5 in im starting to get really excited with all the tidbits that are coming out.

Anyone else getting one and what are you most looking forward to playing and about the new gen in general?

I pre-ordered my PS5 through Amazon, I'm looking forward to it though right now I'm not expecting much at launch. It may well be a glorified PS4 for a little while, though FIFA will get upgraded to the PS5 version and I'll be after Spider-Man: Miles Morales, perhaps the full edition with the updated original game. Can see why some won't buy that but I think Spider-Man was my favourite game of the PS4 generation.

Also, like you @OldManGravz, I didn't upgrade my console to a Pro during this generation so I'm looking forward to quite a big change from my current experience!

On 10/20/2020 at 5:11 PM, wilsoncgp said:

I pre-ordered my PS5 through Amazon, I'm looking forward to it though right now I'm not expecting much at launch. It may well be a glorified PS4 for a little while, though FIFA will get upgraded to the PS5 version and I'll be after Spider-Man: Miles Morales, perhaps the full edition with the updated original game. Can see why some won't buy that but I think Spider-Man was my favourite game of the PS4 generation.

Also, like you @OldManGravz, I didn't upgrade my console to a Pro during this generation so I'm looking forward to quite a big change from my current experience!

I preordered the spiderman with the remaster of the original game mainly because I really enjoyed it but I had borrowed my friends copy. Felt guilty that I'd enjoyed it so much without paying the devs! Great game, might crack my top 5 of the generation but my top 3 are god of war, the last of us part 2 and nier: automata. 

I've only had my 1TB PS4 Pro for a few years so not looking to get a PS5 anytime soon, unless SquareEnix announce that the next installment of FFVII Remake will be PS5 exclusive (which would be a bit daft given the first part came out on PS4.)

I was of that opinion for a while, but I shifted when I realised all ps4 games will be compatible with ps5 as well as getting a significant boost for many. So to me it makes sense to play the best possible version of these games now rather than wait a year or two to try to get the ps5 for 50 quid cheaper. If there was no backwards compatibility I probably would have waited.

• Like 1

I will probably pick up a ps5 at some point. My PS4 has a collection of great games that I never finished, so I can't wait to have the same on the PS5.

Some of my favourite games and I still never finished them 🙂

RDR2, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Ghost of Tshushima. Should get back on those really...

• 3 months later...

Few months in, how are people finding the new consoles?

I'm loving my ps5. The biggest improvement has definitely been load times. To be able to go from ps5 off to swinging around New York in Spiderman in 30 seconds is insane, and then being able to move from one part of the city to the other in 3 seconds... It's such a quality of life improvement. Another example is with fifa, when the loading screen comes up to show the oppositions lineup there's literally less than a second to see who I'm playing against! 

Only problem so far has been lack of games really. I've played Astros playroom (amazing 3 hours) and Spiderman miles Morales/remastered. Beyond that, ive been playing a couple of ps4 games I missed (ffvii remake and resident evil 7) plus cyberpunk, they're at their best on this console but still really waiting on some truly next gen games to wow me. Can't wait for horizon and ratchet and clank.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

Few months in, how are people finding the new consoles?

I still haven't. Unless you're willing to follow rumour mills and stay/ wake up at 3 in the morning, they're virtually impossible to get hold of. Pah