Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

🤷‍♂️

The thread title is crass to be fair. Wouldn't expect anything less from its author though...

But if he did that he wouldn't have as many posts🤠

Having spent part of the night reading the transfer thread regarding being in a position to sign players and then pulling the plug can someone please simplify for me why that would be beneficial as opposed to having a squad capable of challenging for promotion.

I’m not doubting the info, the poster is definitely ‘in the know’ and this happens far too often to be coincidental I just can’t get my head around it. Is it literally just a case of pretend to be signing players to keep the fans happy then call it off to save money? I’d be happier being told we’re signing no one than led along thinking the squad is going to be improved only to be let down again.

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, A21 said:

Having spent part of the night reading the transfer thread regarding being in a position to sign players and then pulling the plug can someone please simplify for me why that would be beneficial as opposed to having a squad capable of challenging for promotion.

I’m not doubting the info, the poster is definitely ‘in the know’ and this happens far too often to be coincidental I just can’t get my head around it. Is it literally just a case of pretend to be signing players to keep the fans happy then call it off to save money? I’d be happier being told we’re signing no one than led along thinking the squad is going to be improved only to be let down again.

Nail on head!

It is what it is and it has what it has!

I think I preferred naively believing we almost got deals over the line each deadline day only to be foiled yet again by some greedy agent or bureaucratic red tape. 

SG is BORO period. Not a soul even before this challenging economy wants to buy a club and face facts we don’t really have much to offer do we. 
SG has turned off the financial tap and probably has achieved what he wanted and now is burdened with a asset, although provides tax relive, he would rather do with out. Possibly his lover affair with the club the town has waned. We don’t know but the there are two options really, shut it down by declaring bankruptcy. I doubt he will because it owes him money. The fans buy it, I doubt that either because I don’t think there are enough willing to fork out enough. 
So at the moment it’s the club and the devil we know and the alternative, no club. 
Remember we are cutting the cloth to suit the town which by all accounts we are down to Y fronts and a pair of socks. 

• Like 3
On 10/17/2020 at 3:33 PM, A21 said:

Gibson has gone from one extreme to the other. From being  highly reckless with his cash, he's now overly cautious. The squad is wafer thin now and we have Warnock proclaiming phrases like, I can't justify spending the chairman's money in these uncertain times.

1 hour ago, Essuuaitch said:

if theres an opposite to "HE,S WON ME OVER"  that where i stand with herr gibson. 

How about “He’s Lost me Under” ? 😃

• Like 1

Your resistance is futile.... 

For who would you want as the owner and what makes you think they will be better then SG.

People forget It is SG business which for all intent of purpose is called a football club. If you are not happy with the product you have choices, find another product, stop using the product. Given the current environment we may not, as many others, are at risk of not having a club. So the question beggars to be answered, why do you think it’s a viable business venture and what do we offer that makes us attractive. 
We are a club transitioning, cutting the cloth to suit the town it can afford. 

We could talk about this until the cows come home but the simple fact is we are stuck with SG so you best get use to him. 

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Your resistance is futile.... 

For who would you want as the owner and what makes you think they will be better then SG.

People forget It is SG business which for all intent of purpose is called a football club. If you are not happy with the product you have choices, find another product, stop using the product. Given the current environment we may not, as many others, are at risk of not having a club. So the question beggars to be answered, why do you think it’s a viable business venture and what do we offer that makes us attractive. 
We are a club transitioning, cutting the cloth to suit the town it can afford. 

We could talk about this until the cows come home but the simple fact is we are stuck with SG so you best get use to him. 

We're only cutting costs because of decisions SG has made previously 🙂

• Like 1