oneBoro Forum

Is it time to abolish Steve Gibson?

2 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Just as I suspect nobody wants Gibson literally taken to the gallows, to the guillotine, burnt alive, whatever you are taking from this word.

Actually, I was advocating for regicide.  Me and Oliver Cromwell are like two peas in a pod.

• Haha 2
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

🤷‍♂️

The thread title is crass to be fair. Wouldn't expect anything less from its author though...

But if he did that he wouldn't have as many posts🤠

1 hour ago, Duvel said:

My problem is not the title my problem is that we have people on here on complain about a lack of respect in some situations and not others. 

Your problem was the title the other day when you said that your problem was with the title not the topic 🙂

I'm not really supportive of flogging horses anyway, but when they are dead you really might as well stop.

10 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Your problem was the title the other day when you said that your problem was with the title not the topic 🙂

I'm not really supportive of flogging horses anyway, but when they are dead you really might as well stop.

I said if it was a joke then fair enough, that was days ago.

I'm sure you love it getting flogged to death though as you keep getting the attention that you desperately crave 🤡

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

@Changing Times you know if you multi quote mate you could answer all those posts in one go? 😄

I thought it might end up being too long of a post but you are probably right.  Terrible thread titles and not using the quote function properly, is there anything I can get right? 😭

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Barnaby said:

Wait a minute here C T makes a joke and that's Ok, ?  SG is keeping this club afloat at present paying wages,for all I know out of his own pocket...And as for outside investment, dream on, Red Bull ain't coming in neither is anyone else...I for one (I ain't the only one) owe SG and the board of directors a lot for keeping us going...There's a lot of clubs going to go under...Some will be a shock, Someone PLEASE take this thread down Its embarrassing

This kind of post is an embarrassment, same old lines of ‘pumping money in to keep us going’, ‘£1m per month’, ‘nobody else would do it’, ‘how dare you question the messiah’. 
Last time the accounts came out a couple of people on here who know that kind of thing pointed out gibson hasn’t put any of his own money in for years.

I don’t particularly want to ‘abolish gibson’ but I can no longer support the way he runs the club. We have proven time and again to be behind the curve in almost every aspect, from player recruitment to fan engagement. I think it’s more than clear we have no plan or strategy for how we want to progress as a club (even before covid). 

I think it’s a bit cringey when the gazette still churn out the ‘best facilities in the land’ when they are on a propaganda push. Yes we have a nice set up but they still act as if all the other teams are still training on a field with portacabin changing rooms, we have been caught up with and in lots of cases surpassed. This is not 2005 anymore.

My main argument against gibson is NOTHING to do with money, I actually think we do well financially for a club our size. My argument against him has always been the strategising. It’s VERY clear to me that since it no longer works to just throw money at the best players we have struggled badly. 

To put things into context remember when Strachan spent £9m one summer and people said we were buying the league. That was only 10 years ago. We are still that same club now, we need to change how we operate and adapt before we end up in a worse position.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Duvel said:

I said if it was a joke then fair enough, that was days ago.

I'm sure you love it getting flogged to death though as you keep getting the attention that you desperately crave 🤡

Ah, so it was just a problem a few days ago but not now?  Thank God for that 🙄

Actually, I'm amazed that something that was clearly a joke has been taken so seriously. Also, I don't struggle for attention on here in fairness.  Last night I posted an off the cuff joke, which turned into a detailed discussion about paraphrasing.  If I put a post up just saying hiya, two people would reply with 'no, it's bye actually', Kelloe would respond with an angry face, and Humpty would try and fail to make a funny joke at my expense.  

Maybe the title should have been a little more PC like "is it time for SG to consider his role in the long term future of MFC" which basically means pretty much the same thing only more sensitive.

People get irked for different reasons. some on here are very quick to look for something when there really isn't anything intentional yet find other stuff funny when in reality it is just as offensive or plain and simple bullying. Then of course there is the definition of what some regard as bullying and others just "bantz". 

Its a football forum with a cross section of fans so there will be a wide spectrum of opinions and beliefs. A sexist joke is OK to some but mention someone's socioeconomic or ethnic background and the very same individuals are alarmed screaming an "ism". There is always a point where discussions can go beyond what is acceptable or responses go from debating to hurling insults because someone has a different opinion but they are very rare on here and usually from an idiot short lived poster.

You can't please all of the people all of the time. I don't often agree with CT but I don't think his title was anything other than tongue in cheek. I have had worse things thrown at me over the course of my life both verbally and physically as I'm sure SG has.

Even now I can sense some very tall horses being saddled as I type.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Ah, so it was just a problem a few days ago but not now?  Thank God for that 🙄

Actually, I'm amazed that something that was clearly a joke has been taken so seriously. Also, I don't struggle for attention on here in fairness.  Last night I posted an off the cuff joke, which turned into a detailed discussion about paraphrasing.  If I put a post up just saying hiya, two people would reply with 'no, it's bye actually', Kelloe would respond with an angry face, and Humpty would try and fail to make a funny joke at my expense.  

It would clearly have been taken as a joke if someone had read the other thread title, which I hadn't. 

That was my original point, for a forum that has had members complaining about a lack of engagement with the club i don't think that title looked good (if someone hadn't realised it was a joke). 

You've got your reaction now anyway so well done 👏

19 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Actually, I was advocating for regicide.  Me and Oliver Cromwell are like two peas in a pod.

Bit close to bonfire night to be suggesting being burned alive CT?