Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

🤷‍♂️

The thread title is crass to be fair. Wouldn't expect anything less from its author though...

But if he did that he wouldn't have as many posts🤠

23 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I thought you felt there was no reasonable way for fans to discuss the way the club is run with the club? If that's true, what does it matter what the club thinks of what is said on a fans forum?

Whether they think we're hitting the nail on the head or think we're conspiring to hate over nothing, there's no conversation happening right now and apparently the only methods we have of speaking up as fans can't include talking about the way the club is run, they're not interested in having those conversations and have little right to judge anyone on those views unless they do.

I'm not talking about the topic, I've already said its a reasonable conversation to be had. Saying that I think anyone who thinks we're going to get outside investment in the current climate is living in cloud cuckoo land. 

I was just making a point about the title of the thread, it looks disrespectful. Whatever I think of Gibson if you want to have a serious debate about him I think he deserves a bit more respect. If its posted as a joke then fair enough but that might not be obvious to everyone. 

6 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I'm not talking about the topic, I've already said its a reasonable conversation to be had. Saying that I think anyone who thinks we're going to get outside investment in the current climate is living in cloud cuckoo land. 

I was just making a point about the title of the thread, it looks disrespectful. Whatever I think of Gibson if you want to have a serious debate about him I think he deserves a bit more respect. If its posted as a joke then fair enough but that might not be obvious to everyone. 

🤦‍♂️

5 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I have wondered in the past whether Gibson would be open to selling part of the club to a fans trust type organisation.

Take your example, but say a more "Realistic" figure of 20,000 fans at £50 a month for a 12 months that's £12 Million, could that get maybe 10%-20% control of the club?

Yes absolutely, but I'm not sure 10-20% would be enough to make a significant difference to our decision making. But it would be a reasonable start.

Maybe our richer fans could cough up more, even at 20,000 contributions, some people are on some really healthy monthly salaries. There's more huge houses in this area than most would think, they must be on some whack to afford them.

Then we would become revolutionaries.

• Like 1
On 10/23/2020 at 5:00 PM, Duvel said:

Wait a minute here C T makes a joke and that's Ok, ?  SG is keeping this club afloat at present paying wages,for all I know out of his own pocket...And as for outside investment, dream on, Red Bull ain't coming in neither is anyone else...I for one (I ain't the only one) owe SG and the board of directors a lot for keeping us going...There's a lot of clubs going to go under...Some will be a shock, Someone PLEASE take this thread down Its embarrassing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The thread title is probably my fault - as @Changing Times says, I'd posted a thread asking if it was time to abolish the FA. Maybe we need to keep that thread at the top of the board, so the correlation between that one and this is more obvious?

Then again, apart from the title, nothing that's been said over the last four pages would come as a surprise to anyone at MFC. It's not like we're talking about chasing SG out of town with pitchforks, or hanging an effigy of him from the Transporter Bridge. Everyone knows what we achieved in the Noughties, but there's been one misstep after another for over a decade. That needs scrutinising, and our supine local press clearly isn't up to the job.

Incidentally, since people in positions of authority apparently read this forum, I'd like to say hello to anyone at Red Bull who's reading this. Your drinks are excellent, and we would be delighted if you bought our club. Pleeeeease?

• Like 1

I wouldn't be happy with this, although it seems a good idea. It's a bit like selling your soul to the devil.

But hey, football is riddled with gambling promotions and all sorts of darkness so who cares.

3 hours ago, Barnaby said:

Wait a minute here C T makes a joke and that's Ok, ?  SG is keeping this club afloat at present paying wages,for all I know out of his own pocket...And as for outside investment, dream on, Red Bull ain't coming in neither is anyone else...I for one (I ain't the only one) owe SG and the board of directors a lot for keeping us going...There's a lot of clubs going to go under...Some will be a shock, Someone PLEASE take this thread down Its embarrassing

Give over man, what's embarrassing is that people think threads criticising the club and it's ownership because of its mistakes should be taken down. Some people would happily take this viewpoint of defending him even if we'd gotten relegated to League One last season. That's embarrassing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Barnaby said:

Would you be defending him if we had been relegated last season? That's where his decisions up until Warnock were taking us.

• Like 1