oneBoro Forum
Changing Times

Is it time to abolish Steve Gibson?

I can't wait for CT to open his next thread, in which he asks whether his subsequent thread title is good enough for everyone else, complete with a poll of alternatives.

Don't visit the Jokes thread, you lot. 😬

We had people on here complaining about not being invited to fans forums and we regularly get people on here looking down their noses at other forums. 

Then we have a thread about abolishing the chairman, I'm not sure you can have it both ways. 

Why don't one of you go to a fans forum and ask if the chairman should be abolished? Or stand with a placard outside the ground with the same message and see what response you get. 

Even though the person posting the title is doing it in jest I don't think its a good look for the forum either. 

Gibson's decision making hasn't been great, I've criticised him as much as anyone on here. Its a completely valid discussion to be had. But you can't paint yourselves as being morally superior to other message boards then post a topic about abolishing the chairman. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Is it time to abolish Duvel?

You won't be the first person to ask for that on here! 

6 or 7 bottles of it and you'll have a banging headache that makes you wish you were abolished! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Duvel said:

We had people on here complaining about not being invited to fans forums and we regularly get people on here looking down their noses at other forums. 

Then we have a thread about abolishing the chairman, I'm not sure you can have it both ways. 

Why don't one of you go to a fans forum and ask if the chairman should be abolished? Or stand with a placard outside the ground with the same message and see what response you get. 

Even though the person posting the title is doing it in jest I don't think its a good look for the forum either. 

Gibson's decision making hasn't been great, I've criticised him as much as anyone on here. Its a completely valid discussion to be had. But you can't paint yourselves as being morally superior to other message boards then post a topic about abolishing the chairman. 

So you're absolutely 100% fine with the topic people are actually discussing in the thread, the same topic people have been discussing over the course of at least 2 years. No problems there at all, we've had numerous different levels of feelings on this as it's quite a broad topic, we discuss the benefits of his tenure as chairman and the mistakes he's made which have taken us from good positions to bad positions. And as with every discussion, you'll get some who are wholeheartedly for one side of the discussion or the other and are beyond reasoning with, that is not something new in any form of discussion on this forum either.

Your entire problem with this appears to be with the thread title and the use of the word abolish. So I say we abolish you. Do you care? I suspect you actually don't because I also suspect you recognise that it's a joke. I don't literally want you forcefully removed from the forum. Just as I suspect nobody wants Gibson literally taken to the gallows, to the guillotine, burnt alive, whatever you are taking from this word. You recognise it's something made in jest and still have a problem with it. I suspect even club officials who read this forum are aware it's a bloody joke, mate.

34 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

So you're absolutely 100% fine with the topic people are actually discussing in the thread, the same topic people have been discussing over the course of at least 2 years. No problems there at all, we've had numerous different levels of feelings on this as it's quite a broad topic, we discuss the benefits of his tenure as chairman and the mistakes he's made which have taken us from good positions to bad positions. And as with every discussion, you'll get some who are wholeheartedly for one side of the discussion or the other and are beyond reasoning with, that is not something new in any form of discussion on this forum either.

Your entire problem with this appears to be with the thread title and the use of the word abolish. So I say we abolish you. Do you care? I suspect you actually don't because I also suspect you recognise that it's a joke. I don't literally want you forcefully removed from the forum. Just as I suspect nobody wants Gibson literally taken to the gallows, to the guillotine, burnt alive, whatever you are taking from this word. You recognise it's something made in jest and still have a problem with it. I suspect even club officials who read this forum are aware it's a bloody joke, mate.

My problem is not the title my problem is that we have people on here on complain about a lack of respect in some situations and not others. 

Plenty of people on here wanted me banned for criticising a manager and some of those people show very little respect to others at the same time. 

I think if this forum wants to be invited to club events and fans forums then:

The topic of discussion (and title) should be constructive and respectful,

Or let's be totally independent from the club. 

I haven't been the one complaining about respect and asking for posters to be banned for the last 10 years on here. Lets have a free for all if you want it suits me. 

Edited by Duvel

1 hour ago, Barnaby said:

I would 

It was SG who brought Neil in to steady the ship

5 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

And the reputation of SG that made Warnock say yes to the job

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

I'm not sure that is so worthy of praise. Turning off the taps just before you flood the house isn't something to be commended when you turned them on in the first place.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tom said:

I'm not sure that is so worthy of praise. Turning off the taps just before you flood the house isn't something to be commended when you turned them on in the first place.

Recognising it and doing something about it is though

9 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Recognising it and doing something about it is though

Bloody hell you consider 8 games left recognising it? The man could recognise it months before hand, absolutely no reason to wait as long as he did.

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Bloody hell you consider 8 games left recognising it? The man could recognise it months before hand, absolutely no reason to wait as long as he did.

What difference did it make? We survived comfortably 

5 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

The thread title is probably my fault - as @Changing Times says, I'd posted a thread asking if it was time to abolish the FA. 

I certainly blame you a lot more than I blame myself.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Duvel said:

Or stand with a placard outside the ground with the same message and see what response you get. 

There would be no bugger there so what would be the point?  And if I waited until fans were allowed back in then you wouldn't see it as you stopped going to games cos of how the club is doing things 🤭