oneBoro Forum

Bristol City v Boro 0-1 (Saville)

Bristol City v Middlesbrough

Tuesday 20th October 2020

19:45  19:00  19:45

Intro

Welcome to the Bristol City Match Day thread - Special puzzle edition!

Enter your answers in a post in the thread. Whoever gets ALL three of the answers right is the winner! (of nothing - well, I'll like your post). Good Luck puzzlers!

Wordsearch

How many word are there in the wordsearch related to Middlesbrough and/or Bristol City? (You just have to enter a number as your answer, you don't have to type all the words you find.). Words can be upwards, downwards, left to right, or right to left...

wordsearch.jpg.ea1bc16ec6ffbe438c7cbf5affd51263.jpg

Crossword

Complete the clues to give 5 words related to Boro or Brizzle. Type all 5 words into your post as such.

1.       Answer

2.       Answer

3.       Answer

4.       Answer

5.       Answer

crossword.thumb.jpg.8b1dac267021ad9eb0be8d29d77f9243.jpg

Spot the Ball

An old favourite - pick the grid number where you think the ball is!

1088786923_Spottheballtemplateborovbristolanswer.thumb.jpg.4999dd18b2277b5acd90dae32f624399.jpg

Talking points

- The football game. Talk about the football game!

- What is your favourite puzzle?

• Like 3
  • Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UTFB! Saville and Johnson excellent tonight. Wood up front - a clear message to Gibson and Bausor 

Progress. Unmistakeable progress. We're getting more solid defensively and more slick in our passing. The signs are more positive than they have been for a while. And Roberts could be immense for us i

I think it's more just a case of him playing back in his favoured position. He clearly can't play left side of either a back 4 or a back 5. When he's played central or on the right he goes back to loo

Posted Images

I am awful at crosswords.

My thoughts on game. I would take 2 draws against Bristol and Cardiff but 3 draws is only 3pts so if someone can guarantee me a win at one of next 2 games i would not be disheartened to lose other one. 4pts from 3 teams who started strongly is a decent return.

Team:. I can see a 3.5.1.1 formation with Spence returnung at RWB and Tav playing off Akpom. Dont think he will risk Britt.

2 hours ago, TLF10 said:

I am awful at crosswords.

My thoughts on game. I would take 2 draws against Bristol and Cardiff but 3 draws is only 3pts so if someone can guarantee me a win at one of next 2 games i would not be disheartened to lose other one. 4pts from 3 teams who started strongly is a decent return.

Team:. I can see a 3.5.1.1 formation with Spence returnung at RWB and Tav playing off Akpom. Dont think he will risk Britt.

Still no Roberts then you think?

2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Still no Roberts then you think?

I dont think he will start him. But i think he might come on for Tav. Feel one will set us up to be tight and compact with the chance to nick a goal at other end.

You fancy Roberts to start?

26 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I dont think he will start him. But i think he might come on for Tav. Feel one will set us up to be tight and compact with the chance to nick a goal at other end.

You fancy Roberts to start?

I dunno mate.  If Britt isn't available then I thought that might push Warnock into selecting him, with Tav staying at wing back.  We could change the shape and play both Roberts and Tavernier alongside Akpom of course, either both behind or out wide.

Anyone know if Warnock is giving a pre match media conference today? I assume if he does give one it will be today and not tomorrow given we will be travelling most of tomorrow.

Talking points

- The football game. Talk about the football game!

Okay, I think we'll draw 1-1. I believe Warnock is very slowly turning a demoralised group of players into something more than the sum of their parts (a pretty low sum in the case of one or two players). We're not going to play exciting football, but I'm not sure we have done since Robbo's days in charge. Shame we have to play yet another in-form team tomorrow, though I acknowledge it's early in the season and the table hasn't really taken shape yet.

- What is your favourite puzzle?

'Puzzle' by Biffy Clyro. Though I am puzzled by the latest instalment in the Where's The Former Boro Manager saga. First Steve Agnew vanished without trace, apparently still at the club but beyond reach of the outside world. Now a Mr J Woodgate Esq has vanished in a similar manner. Could it be they're both chained up in a dungeon somewhere deep inside Rockliffe, lest they should escape and wreak more misery on the long-suffering public? Or will they emerge from a chrysalis in summer 2021, reborn as managerial butterflies who will form a 'dream team' to help us escape the gilded cage of the Championship and float into the flowerbeds of the Premier League?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Do Boro not sell single matchday passes? I see Bristol sell one for the game at 10 quid. A bit steep though.

For UK viewers they do; not sure about the overseas market. £10 is the set price though league wide.

• Like 1