• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UTFB! Saville and Johnson excellent tonight. Wood up front - a clear message to Gibson and Bausor 

Progress. Unmistakeable progress. We're getting more solid defensively and more slick in our passing. The signs are more positive than they have been for a while. And Roberts could be immense for us i

I think it's more just a case of him playing back in his favoured position. He clearly can't play left side of either a back 4 or a back 5. When he's played central or on the right he goes back to loo

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

That's my point, Bola did nothing wrong then out after 1 game. Johnson has been the worst player on the pitch 6 or 7 times and hes still getting starts.

I'm agreeing with you haha. Just saying he didn't stand out as really good but did the job quietly and effectively. Deserved the chance to show he can do it consistently. Especially considering were just back from an international break, no one should be tired - apart from Saville and mcnair.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I'm agreeing with you haha. Just saying he didn't stand out as really good but did the job quietly and effectively. Deserved the chance to show he can do it consistently. Especially considering were just back from an international break, no one should be tired - apart from Saville and mcnair.

Nobody should be tired yet, sure. But we have 5 games in the space of 2 weeks (just about) so I think it's a bit unfair to say players have been "dropped" when it's far more likely that he's just rotating the squad.

• Like 2

Team screams out putting men behind the ball and hoping for a set piece or bit of magic from Roberts or Akpom.

I would of liked to see Tavernier and Roberts playing together in behind the Akpom but unfortunately Warnock won't come away from the wing back position.

Not his fan at all, but I hope Spence comes in and performs and bounces back from being out the side recently. No excuses tonight as for me he's playing in his best position.

2 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Nobody should be tired yet, sure. But we have 5 games in the space of 2 weeks (just about) so I think it's a bit unfair to say players have been "dropped" when it's far more likely that he's just rotating the squad.

Rotating the squad is only a useful tactic when youre still picking up the wins. Im not convinced thats going to happen tonight with that lineup, but let's see!

19 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It's quite similar to the line-up that beat them a few months ago.

Only fit current player missing from then is Tavernier.

They beat us 3-1.  We were useless.  We drew the away game I think.

Although I hate the line-up, one thing I will say is Bristol's midfield 3 includes Paterson and Weimann*, so I'm thinking the midfield battle is a potential area we could get the upper hand on. 

*Although both did play in midfield in the game at the Riverside last season, and we got shown up then.

5 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Although I hate the line-up, one thing I will say is Bristol's midfield 3 includes Paterson and Weimann*, so I'm thinking the midfield battle is a potential area we could get the upper hand on. 

*Although both did play in midfield in the game at the Riverside last season, and we got shown up then.

When is the last time we controlled a midfield? We've stiffled midfields for years but i don't think we've actually  dictated play since leadbitter and clayts. Maybe the first couple of mikel games before he got turned in a pulis midfielder. 

4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

When is the last time we controlled a midfield? We've stiffled midfields for years but i don't think we've actually  dictated play since leadbitter and clayts. Maybe the first couple of mikel games before he got turned in a pulis midfielder. 

I don't mean control, just think the midfield battle is ours to take in terms of winning the ball and the physical challenge of it. If that makes sense? 

Edit: I suppose in a round about way I do mean control, but in a sense of not allowing Bristol to dictate or control the midfield.