oneBoro Forum

Bristol City v Boro 0-1 (Saville)

Fairly meh first half...seemed almost like a friendly at times. No major scares defensively, but we didn't look too dangerous at the other end either.

This one has 0-0 written all over it.

Then again, its another fixture against one of the better teams, so I'd be okay with another point.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UTFB! Saville and Johnson excellent tonight. Wood up front - a clear message to Gibson and Bausor 

Progress. Unmistakeable progress. We're getting more solid defensively and more slick in our passing. The signs are more positive than they have been for a while. And Roberts could be immense for us i

I think it's more just a case of him playing back in his favoured position. He clearly can't play left side of either a back 4 or a back 5. When he's played central or on the right he goes back to loo

Posted Images

Decent half.

We look so solid at the back, very rare that an attack worried us - such a change from the start of the season/last season.

Roberts has looked good, the things he's trying dont always come off but he's at least trying to set up chances and not always take the easy ball. Problem is I can already see us being too reliant on him - we seem to have that one avenue and nothing else. The one time we got someone else in the box saville set up a great chance for akpom. We need to be taking advantage of the extra attention roberts is going to be getting, and the best way to do that is to take out a centre midfielder for tav and push him high up the pitch. 

Bristol are so bad. Surely they won't be as bad in the second half?

And lastly... the negative bit.. our wing backs, again. Johnson has a 50% passing accuracy again, and again he's adding nothing to our attack. But spence is even more concerning - he no longer runs at players. If you watch him now, he checks back even when his man is there to be beat. Whether that's confidence or instructions i don't know, but it leaves me wondering what he's actually bringing to us now as that was his main skill when be broke through.

Hopefully more of the same in the second half, a bit more variety to our attack and I think we can beat these.

Just now, Changing Times said:

Well moaning like *** never seems to work so I thought I'd try something different 😉

Fair enough haha. If we lose from here though, let the record show that it is entirely your fault. 🧐

I’d love to see Roberts behind a front 2. Two strikers dragging defenders about and occupying, rather then just the one striker to watch in behind would be very nice. Roberts has almost played Akpom in 3 times, but it’s quite easy for there Cb’s as there’s only one player that’s going to be making the run. If we had 2, could make all the difference. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Think I'd take one of the midfield 3 (probably Saville) off for some one like Browne/Tav. Bristol haven't been great at all, think we could win this if we get a bit more impetus further forward.

Id say Tav would make an impact. need to just run at them a bit more.