oneBoro Forum

Bristol City v Boro 0-1 (Saville)

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

Saville is a work horse midfielder. I wouldn't say he's suited as a number 10 but definitely a box to box midfielder. Quality performance. I said last season that I thought him, McNair and Howson were the only shining lights out of last season.

You must be kidding me regarding Johnson. I'm not his biggest fan at all but he was solid defensively tonight and won all his challenges.

Categorically not true. 6 duels, 2 won. 3 aerials, 1 won. 0 tackles made, 0 interceptions. 5 crosses, 1 successful. 24 passes, 12 successful.

I dont like to rely on stats but he was clearly visibly struggling to me as well as how the numbers show. I dont know what you were watching tbh.

• Like 1
  • Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UTFB! Saville and Johnson excellent tonight. Wood up front - a clear message to Gibson and Bausor 

Progress. Unmistakeable progress. We're getting more solid defensively and more slick in our passing. The signs are more positive than they have been for a while. And Roberts could be immense for us i

I think it's more just a case of him playing back in his favoured position. He clearly can't play left side of either a back 4 or a back 5. When he's played central or on the right he goes back to loo

Posted Images

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

Every aerial battle and 1 on 1's. They literally created nothing at all down the wings. (Credit to Spence as well)

I don't remember him making a tackle all night mate.  I think he might have won a header towards the end.  They created nothing from anywhere really.

We look a lot more balanced this season than last. Everyone now look like they know what is expected of them. Spence is still so frustrating though. Great win against a good Bristol team who we made look ordinary. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Every aerial battle and 1 on 1's. They literally created nothing at all down the wings. (Credit to Spence as well)

I direct you to NB4s post above, it's just not true mate.

10 hours ago, Old Codger said:

Got Bausor fairly easily in addition to others, but then thought other words could be in Welsh or Polish, so left it to experts....Robins play open game, so any result possible, but think we could sneak it if we can avoid conceding early...going for a 0-1 goalfest with a new name on scoresheet 

almost as though I could see into the future 🙂

• Like 2

I think today's game was better than the Reading game offensively, but partly because Bristol were very poor and partly due to Roberts starting. He genuinely looks a cut above, but is that due to us literally having so few other players similar, probably.

Defensively the same as the Reading game, solid and limited the opposition severely. Still think we are a bit prone to lapses every now and then, and I still think our wing-backs (Johnson and Spence) defensively need work.

If we play most our away games with the same set-up, it's not pretty but it is effective. Away from home I'd accept playing like this, with a tiny bit more risk for example we could have made changes a bit sooner today to effect the game earlier.

• Like 1
Just now, Weasel said:

Great performance from everyone tonight. Starting to believe Warnock can pull off a miracle 👀

It doesn't need a miracle.  This division isn't full of quality teams and nobody is looking all that good so far.  Reading scraped past Wycombe tonight and Bristol City don't look anything like a promotion type of side.  That's why I don't get people being happy with mid-table and all of that stuff.  A top 6 place is there for the taking, for us and about 12 other teams.

• Like 3

Delighted with the result and performance. Warnock has us playing better than the sum of our parts. Thank you Bristol for demonstrating just why you shouldn’t play fannying about football in this league. UTB 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It doesn't need a miracle.  This division isn't full of quality teams and nobody is looking all that good so far.  Reading scraped past Wycombe tonight and Bristol City don't look anything like a promotion type of side.  That's why I don't get people being happy with mid-table and all of that stuff.  A top 6 place is there for the taking, for us and about 12 other teams.

I couldn't agree more.

Tonight's performance was carbon copy of Saturday against Reading and just highlights how tight the league is going to be.

Other than Norwich, I can't see any other outstanding team who we should fear. It's just a shame that we can't be little bit more offensive because the league is going to be so wide open.

• Like 1