oneBoro Forum

Bristol City v Boro 0-1 (Saville)

Enjoyed that. Never really thought we would concede and it was just whether we can score.

Feels like earlyish Karanka days. Solid at the back and workman like upfront. Will probably grind out results if we score first but haven't anything to chase a game.

January will be key for us will need that little bit extra quality in to top half to make the difference. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UTFB! Saville and Johnson excellent tonight. Wood up front - a clear message to Gibson and Bausor 

Progress. Unmistakeable progress. We're getting more solid defensively and more slick in our passing. The signs are more positive than they have been for a while. And Roberts could be immense for us i

I think it's more just a case of him playing back in his favoured position. He clearly can't play left side of either a back 4 or a back 5. When he's played central or on the right he goes back to loo

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Delighted with the result and performance. Warnock has us playing better than the sum of our parts. Thank you Bristol for demonstrating just why you shouldn’t play fannying about football in this league. UTB 

I wouldn't call Bristol's style of football "fannying about football", not sure what style they were going for today. They were awful.

Just now, DanFromDownSouth said:

I wouldn't call Bristol's style of football "fannying about football", not sure what style they were going for today. They were awful.

It was whats known in this division as "woody ball"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I was referring directly to our goal Dan. A direct result of “fannying about football”

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Delighted with the result and performance. Warnock has us playing better than the sum of our parts. Thank you Bristol for demonstrating just why you shouldn’t play fannying about football in this league. UTB 

Complete agree. With the possible exception of the relegated clubs, who often struggle with other aspects of the league, the quality of the league is very similar. Confidence and momentum can get you a long way 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I was referring directly to our goal Dan. A direct result of “fannying about football”

To be honest I'd say that was more down to an individual mistake, rather than a tactical preference. I have no idea (sure the defender doesn't either) why he tried to take Saville on in that position, when he could have just given the short pass to the man on his left. Baffling.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I couldn't agree more.

Tonight's performance was carbon copy of Saturday against Reading and just highlights how tight the league is going to be.

Other than Norwich, I can't see any other outstanding team who we should fear. It's just a shame that we can't be little bit more offensive because the league is going to be so wide open.

It's possible that we will be a bit more attack minded when Assombalonga is back, now that Roberts is in the side.  Akpom, Assombalonga, Roberts and Tavernier aren't a bad little quartet and Fletcher when he's back is another of course.

I think at least one of the relegated sides will be up there, maybe even two or all three, but I don't see much to be worried about overall.

3 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

😂😂 Finally getting a bit of luck with that blatant penalty.

Honestly you see them given but after the clear pushes Bristol City players were getting away with all night; at least the ref was consistent.

• Like 2