oneBoro Forum

Bristol City v Boro 0-1 (Saville)

Think it is fair to say that there was not one bad performance tonight, wingbacks still lacking a bit going forward, but both look less prone to being caught out defensively, so I can live with that. Morsy seems to improve with every game, but must have been disappointed that ref mistook Fry for him with the booking...looking at the penalty, I think if it had been in their area, I would have been annoyed if it wasn't given, so one we got away with. Roberts looked Ok for first outing, so all in all a deserved victory

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UTFB! Saville and Johnson excellent tonight. Wood up front - a clear message to Gibson and Bausor 

Progress. Unmistakeable progress. We're getting more solid defensively and more slick in our passing. The signs are more positive than they have been for a while. And Roberts could be immense for us i

I think it's more just a case of him playing back in his favoured position. He clearly can't play left side of either a back 4 or a back 5. When he's played central or on the right he goes back to loo

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, BoroBoy1989 said:

Think it would’ve been on the softer side tbh, but couldn’t complain if it had been given 

Come on mate. Why would he go down in that position? We would of been going mad if that was down the other end.

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

Come on mate. Why would he go down in that position? We would of been going mad if that was down the other end.

We would but the push by Kalas on Saville was worse and the ref didn't give anything so he couldn't then give that one.  You can say it's bad refereeing but it's at least consistent.

• Like 4
Just now, Changing Times said:

We would but the push by Kalas on Saville was worse and the ref didn't give anything so he couldn't then give that one.  You can say it's bad refereeing but it's at least consistent.

oh man i can't believe I'm going to say this but...I...agree...with you. 🤢

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Rose tinted specs and all that 😃

Nah it was a pen 😂 but Kalas was doing it all night to be fair 

Just now, Changing Times said:

Difference is, saville wasn't about to put the ball in the back of the net from 6years out just off centre.

All in all a very good solid performance.

The last post you said I agree with regarding the quartet but I can't see them playing together much because we won't come away from the wing back formation with this bunch of players.

Massive shame regarding Fletcher out until February time. 

I think the fact that Fry is playing alongside Dijksteel and Paddy rather than Friend and Howson might be helping him a little, he can move around a bit knowing that he will be covered by other people with speed and strength. 

Great win, never a penalty.

I could only half watch for most of it, but it looked like we more than held our own and though the goal was a bit fortunate I'd not call it undeserved. 

Only a point off the play-offs as it stands, and we had a very tough opening six fixtures on paper.

Edited by TeaCider24