oneBoro Forum

Bristol City v Boro 0-1 (Saville)

11 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

I think the fact that Fry is playing alongside Dijksteel and Paddy rather than Friend and Howson might be helping him a little, he can move around a bit knowing that he will be covered by other people with speed and strength. 

Fry for me struggled badly when he was asked to play on left hand side of defence. He looks fine in centrally and looks fine on right hand side.

Am very happy he performing well again as it benefits us if he stays and benefits us if he leaves as he putting his price back up to a good level which in last 9 months had fallen due to his performances. Not advocating we sell him but harsh reality of current finances is why I make the point.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UTFB! Saville and Johnson excellent tonight. Wood up front - a clear message to Gibson and Bausor 

Progress. Unmistakeable progress. We're getting more solid defensively and more slick in our passing. The signs are more positive than they have been for a while. And Roberts could be immense for us i

I think it's more just a case of him playing back in his favoured position. He clearly can't play left side of either a back 4 or a back 5. When he's played central or on the right he goes back to loo

Posted Images

I've been completely taken by surprise by our start to the season, it's been far better than I expected. I'm honestly starting to look forward to games again (barring the fact I can't be there)

• Like 1

penna? they never got near our goal all ame and when the lad did we went down like hed been shot. ref must have laughed in his face. but if they were battering us it might wel have been one the ref would give them.

• Like 1

we look solid and horrible to play against. teams starting to not look forward to playing us again. add a cutting edge and keep the shots against down like we have and we could quite easily start winning runs on regular basis. 

Its looks good or well better than I thought, even if it looked ok end of last season too

I just wish Warnock would hav gotten more players that he wanted, think we might have been an outsider for promotion then actually, Now I dont know, depends on if we can stay fit I think

Puzzle results:

Thanks to those who took part in the great match day puzzle-athon

The wordsearch answers were: AKPOM, ASHTONGATE, BAUSOR, BOLA, DEANHOLDEN, REDFACTION, SESSEGNON, TAVERNIER, WARNOCK

The crossword answers were: 1. Robins, 2. Cotterill, 3. Lansdown, 4. Robson, 5. Coulson

The spot the ball was in grid M2!. 

1536152153_Spottheballtemplateborovbristolanswer2.thumb.jpg.120864735f203a53ffb435dfd95f3b5d.jpg

No-one guessed the spot the ball correctly, but as @Brunners was the first to get the wordsearch and crossword answers correct, I name him the winner! Honorary mentions to @RiseAgainst and @AnglianRed for valiant efforts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
27 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I love the team being tough to break down again.

We were the better team last night anyway, but I've missed it. 

Agree with this. Great to see a solid look about the team

• Like 1

We got 3 points by weathering a onslaught over the last 20 mins. It’s not the way I would like to win games but it’s winning, horrible yes, but winning. 
I think the team is now tougher even fitter but still goal shy and a small sized squad. We needed a couple more players and it shows and other teams know we are a bit of a bark without the bite 

I think NW is over cautious as we seen yesterday but he knows his players and there condition and he took 3 points against another inform team, now who would have put money on that? 

Im not getting carried away the football to watch is dire and it’s very early in the season, and who is to say the teams at the top we played will sustain there status.
I think we tend to agree the league will start to reveal itself in 10 to 15 games and we will know much more about our club and the players.

conclusion. 
i fear the squad is to small, we lack goals and the football is hard to swallow... 

UTB.  

• Haha 1
54 minutes ago, ladyspite said:

Its looks good or well better than I thought, even if it looked ok end of last season too

I just wish Warnock would hav gotten more players that he wanted, think we might have been an outsider for promotion then actually, Now I dont know, depends on if we can stay fit I think

But Is it coincidence we look a better team when it's not been tweeked  all the time 

1 minute ago, sanddancer said:

We got 3 points by weathering a onslaught over the last 20 mins. It’s not the way I would like to win games but it’s winning, horrible yes, but winning. 
I think the team is now tougher even fitter but still goal shy and a small sized squad. We needed a couple more players and it shows and other teams know we are a bit of a bark without the bite 

I think NW is over cautious as we seen yesterday but he knows his players and there condition and he took 3 points against another inform team, now who would have put money on that? 

Im not getting carried away the football to watch is dire and it’s very early in the season, and who is to say the teams at the top we played will sustain there status.
I think we tend to agree the league will start to reveal itself in 10 to 15 games and we will know much more about our club and the players.
i fear the squad is to small, we lack goals and the football is hard to swallow... 

UTB.  

Wonder if we stayed in the Brissle area as Cardiff is just along the M4 from there?

9 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Wonder if we stayed in the Brissle area as Cardiff is just along the M4 from there?

I doubt it, ok the game can be played in spite of the restrictions in Wales but I would not think it would be encouraged to stay in the area longer than required.

You are talking 4 days before the game so back to the Boro bubble asap