oneBoro Forum

Bristol City v Boro 0-1 (Saville)

17 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Wonder if we stayed in the Brissle area as Cardiff is just along the M4 from there?

We didn't. Warnock said pregame we were going back to Boro and then travelling back down again.

• Like 1
  • Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UTFB! Saville and Johnson excellent tonight. Wood up front - a clear message to Gibson and Bausor 

Progress. Unmistakeable progress. We're getting more solid defensively and more slick in our passing. The signs are more positive than they have been for a while. And Roberts could be immense for us i

I think it's more just a case of him playing back in his favoured position. He clearly can't play left side of either a back 4 or a back 5. When he's played central or on the right he goes back to loo

Posted Images

We'd be sat top 6 if that goal against Reading wasn't harshly disallowed! After a rough run of fixtures and with a few key players out - decent start all in all.

We look organised and hard to beat again. You could almost see the City players at the end thinking 'How the hell are we gona score here...' which reminded me of the Karanka years. Roberts is a class little player...  makes a huge difference. And loved the bundle for the goal, looks like there's some good team spirit in this squad.

Wing backs are still a bit crap and I think a general lack of creativity will hold us back from top 6 in the end. Still, not going to be another relegation scrap. 

11 hours ago, Blanco said:

I was referring directly to our goal Dan. A direct result of “fannying about football”

Perfect description IMO. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Still, very grateful to them for giving us that one on a platter, otherwise we'd probably have had to settle for the draw.

11 hours ago, Brunners said:

Just in case anyone wants to see the penalty incident & the goal for anyone that hasn't been able to see them.

Goal:

https://streamja.com/oPyPN

Penalty Incident:

https://streamja.com/3nP0b

Didn't look like there was too much contact for the penalty, but you do see those given. Maybe we were lucky and the ref had a good view of it. Looked to me like their player went down rather easily.

• Like 4

On paper, we have had the hardest opening 6 games and we have only lost one game.

We have played the top 3 plus Watford in 6th

We have only conceded 4 goals

The teams we have played have also only conceded 4-5 goals in six games bar Barnsley 7 .. but Reading and Watford only 1 goal

We have done well

Haven't had the most luck and still average 1,5 points a game v top teams 

We will be in the mix

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, pokeyjoe said:

All the points mentioned , great midfield performance and looks like Dael has had a kick up the ar**

I think it's more just a case of him playing back in his favoured position. He clearly can't play left side of either a back 4 or a back 5. When he's played central or on the right he goes back to looking like one of the best CB's in the division.

• Like 5

Its amazing what three points can do. On Saturday evening this board was full of doom, gloom and despondency yet another defensively strong performance last night, building and breeding confidence (with a break that went our way instead of against us) and everything seems brighter.

We have a very small and inexperienced squad (what would Warnock give to have the luxury of a Kalas on the bench) and with that comes limitations in selection and abilities. NW is making the most out of what he has to work with and it starts by keeping things tight and not conceding many. If you don't concede then you can build, getting beat every week was disheartening and demoralising and when he came in last season that was his biggest challenge, trying to get browbeaten players to regroup and give it one last go.

It's clear the psyche has changed, we aren't going to be the League's top scorer's but we aren't going to be pushovers either and by now opposition Managers know that playing Boro will be a tough encounter. It isn't pretty, but to me it looks more like Karanka than Pulis.

• Like 4
45 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

On paper, we have had the hardest opening 6 games and we have only lost one game.

We have played the top 3 plus Watford in 6th

We have only conceded 4 goals

The teams we have played have also only conceded 4-5 goals in six games bar Barnsley 7 .. but Reading and Watford only 1 goal

We have done well

Haven't had the most luck and still average 1,5 points a game v top teams 

We will be in the mix

I agree on the really tough start and I think we've done really well. It's mad to think about how far we've come since February/March when it really looked like the writing was on the wall. 

None of those teams have been a Wolves or Leeds type team either where they've clearly been on the next level. I don't usually look at the league table until we are about 10-15 games in but I can't believe Reading are top based on what I saw on Saturday!

My only fear is that we are so paper thin that we will be banged up around Christmas time. I think we still need 3 players in the squad. 

• Like 2

Sign a striker on a free and let's survive untill January. If we are in reach of the top six mix then get the players we need.

If we are solid midtable but not able to reach the mix, signings are still needed, but we could give the best kids game time too

• Like 1

We're a CB, CF and LWB away from being able to go up against anyone in the division. But as it stands, a couple of injuries leaves us pretty threadbare. Look at our bench last night. Decent players, but little game-changing quality.

There are huge positives to be taken from the last few days, and we won't have a tougher run of fixtures this season, but we badly need additional cover. It makes the failure to bring Bolasie in look even more abject.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

We're a CB, CF and LWB away from being able to go up against anyone in the division. But as it stands, a couple of injuries leaves us pretty threadbare. Look at our bench last night. Decent players, but little game-changing quality.

There are huge positives to be taken from the last few days, and we won't have a tougher run of fixtures this season, but we badly need additional cover. It makes the failure to bring Bolasie in look even more abject.

Yeah the Nathan Wood substitution was a pretty stark reminder. Our only other fit in the CB at the club, who is 18 came on up front as we didnt have another striker to bring on. 

• Like 2